Auto Run a file after the Windows XP settings are loaded

HI :)

Does someone know what to do so windows will run a file after the Windows XP settings are loaded (after RunOnceEx) ?

I tryed also a addon that added a RunOnce RegKey but then it will run it T-13 :}

Edited by Outbreaker

i can't use the Startup folder in Startmenu because i don't want to loss the Recovery Console option.

Would you like to clarify this statement!

Outbreaker, you appear to be asking many questions on these boards, this is not a problem, however you provide very little, incorrect or no information to the Members in order for them to help you. Then once they provide a response you reply nagatively towards it, saying you cannot do it or it doesn't work. Please play the game, provide us with correct details of what you are doing/have done and the percentage rate of potential positive solutions will increase accordingly; Thank you!

If i want to use the Startup folder in Startmenu i need to enable the $OEM$ option if i do this i will loss the ability to start the Recovery Console form the CD.

But i found a way to do this now that after Windows XP is completely started that means seeing the taskbar that a file will be then started.

Here is the addon that works with nLite and RVM Integrator that is what the addon dose:

Adding 3 file to the Windows XP installation recourse.

Adding a line to the TXTSETUP.SIF file that will start the file RUNONCE.INF on the first install process

The file RUNONCE.INF will then add this registry entry:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce]

"RUNONCE"="%SystemRoot%\Temp\RUNONCE.CMD"

Later the file RUNONCE.CMD will add this registry entry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce]

"SASROAS"="%SystemRoot%\Temp\SASROAS.CMD"

The file SASROAS.CMD will start if Windows XP is completely startedstarted and it will srarch all drivers from A to Z for the file "Auto Setup.cmd

This is the best i could do complicated but it works. ;)

[EDIT]

Removed the old Attachment Version v.0

[/EDIT]

Edited by Outbreaker

For now I'm going to comment only on three things!

1. You do not need to use the $OEM$ structure in order to add to the StartUp Directory.
  2. There are some errors in your batch files.
  3. I really do not appreciate the fact that you took some of my exclusive code, (that which I'd already informed you was not available elsewhere), used it against my advice, ruined it, made it freely available and didn't even bother offering credit. (in a way I'm glad because you've spoiled my efforts so much I'd be embarrassed to have my name along side it.)

After locking at a IE8 addon i found out how to do it another way this should then work also for the StartUp Directory but a RunOnce registry entry will do the job also, if i have tested it and it works i will post back.

Would be nice if you could explain me what i did wrong in the batch file it's working without problem i can't fix a problem that i can't see :(

You have posted the scirpt here on a public forum so it's freely available :blink: if you would had included the credit in the script i would have include it also but i even don't include any credits for myself in any of my batch files. So dont get me wrong that im not thankful for you script. :(

Edited by Outbreaker

Outbreaker, please be careful not to push my wrong buttons!

I produced in answer to a very specific problem you had a code snippet, this was completely my work and was exactly the solution you required. You have created a distributable script based around my code, and it's fair to say that you could not have done so without that code. You did not really credit me in the topic, which I ended up having to close because of your actions. Now you have the cheek to tell me that it was my responsibility to credit myself and then you expect me to further fix the rest of the code you've included!

Yes i want to run the file only once and i can't use the Startup folder in Startmenu because i don't want to loss the Recovery Console option.

You just have to do an "XCOPY-Command" of your batch to the Startup-Folder in Startmenu and delete it afterwards if you want the script just to run once and not on every login...

Edited by HØLLØW

I try a lot of options to do this and it looks like the startup menu is the only option to do it so here is the v1.1 if same needs this also.

Credits: Yzöwl

Edited by Outbreaker