Is there some simple procedure to slipstream SATA drivers for a Laptop

videobruce

I read over some of the FAQ's regarding slipstreaming drivers, but most was over my head. My situation is this: 

HP Laptop 6545b that requires SATA drivers so I can set a BIOS option to AHCI instead of IDE before I load the O/S.

The driver package from HP is a single .exe that I extracted to another .exe which I extracted to a folder with 13 files and a sub folder. There are three .cab files, only one that I can extract further. The simple question is, what do/can I place in the nLite window to make this work without all of the complicated scripts etc. that I see posted?? 

Edited by videobruce

The HP website says you have AMD SATA, so you can find appropriate drivers here (post #86). They are the same drivers, but a bit modified for better success rate. As to the second question, these SATA drivers will not help you if you have a motherboard with other SATA drivers.

I got a BSOD with the stop code: 0x0000007b (0xf78a2524, oxc0000034, 0x00000000 0x00000000).
Gee, that looks familiar. :w00t:

There is a option in the BIOS do switch from the AHCI mode to IDE which I had to do to install my XP Pro w/sp3 disc that I have made from nLite. The orginal Laptop came with XP Pro w/sp3 that I had to complete the O/S loading process (which I never had to do with a older HP custom built Laptop with the optional XP Pro, not Win7). The Laptop was set for AHCI.

I never used that 'Hotfixes' page before.

Edited by videobruce