Problem after installation xpize 5 r6

Stregobor

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with xpize, just after installation and first restart it was ok but then i turned computer off. Next day the big surprise was waiting for me, when i tried to run any program i received error msg:

"too few resources to process this command" (probably something with rundll32)

I can only logout from acc, the other choices are missing.

I am 97% certain it is conected with xpize couse it was the last and only thing installed in working system. I have polish version WinXP prof SP3, working on Lenovo Thinkpad R61i. My questions are:

1. what can couse that problem (is this somethink connected with my non english version of windows??) and how can I avoid that in future

2. how can i fix that now, are files in backup directory only from main windows catalog?? Can i just copy that?

thanks for any answer in advance. I hope that it can be solved couse i really like the way Windows looks with xpize.

best regards,

Stregobor

Update:

I found that:

"After installing XPize I suffer memory allocation problems. What's wrong?

This happens when you have Asian languages installed and your shell32.dll weights more than 10MB. Try installing Lite version (no 128x128 icon support) in order to fix your problem."

in guide, but Lite version reffers only to xpize4 (am i wrong??) and i have no Asian languages installed. I removed all unnecessary languages with nlite.

Edited by Stregobor

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with xpize, just after installation and first restart it was ok but then i turned computer off. Next day the big surprise was waiting for me, when i tried to run any program i received error msg:

"too few resources to process this command" (probably something with rundll32)

I can only logout from acc, the other choices are missing.

I am 97% certain it is conected with xpize couse it was the last and only thing installed in working system. I have polish version WinXP prof SP3, working on Lenovo Thinkpad R61i. My questions are:

1. what can couse that problem (is this somethink connected with my non english version of windows??) and how can I avoid that in future

2. how can i fix that now, are files in backup directory only from main windows catalog?? Can i just copy that?

thanks for any answer in advance. I hope that it can be solved couse i really like the way Windows looks with xpize.

best regards,

Stregobor

Update:

I found that:

"After installing XPize I suffer memory allocation problems. What's wrong?

This happens when you have Asian languages installed and your shell32.dll weights more than 10MB. Try installing Lite version (no 128x128 icon support) in order to fix your problem."

in guide, but Lite version reffers only to xpize4 (am i wrong??) and i have no Asian languages installed. I removed all unnecessary languages with nlite.

During xpize setup, the "Lite" option is automatically checked if you're running non-English versions of Windows. Is it possible that you un-checked this option during setup?

You can uninstall xpize by going Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > xpize