TUTORIAL: Windows 7 and Windows 10 together with Linux - Quick restore and optimize

cannie

Thanks, I was messing up the knoppix part. My version boots directly to Adriane which is text based not graphical. I deleted the files and folders that had the arrow links on them so I hope that is ok. Like all users folder. I looked at my last version of file system from before when I used your tutorial and you changed it to use knoppix and I dont have all the folder links in it as well.

In 4.6 you mention the convenience of running win2 as default, what is the advantage?

Concerning this I've modified paragraph 4.6 and added paragraph 4.8 to explain better this convenience.

Greetings.

Edited by cannie

Thanks, I was messing up the knoppix part.

The whole text has been reviewed after detecting that the previously given link for downloading Knoppix did not download it any more, also opening the way to any similar Linux distro by simply recommending it for improved flexibility and changing as a result of that the name of the thread.

Also paragraphs 5.9 and 5.10 have been improved concerning the use of WinPE pendrives, including attention call.

Link to download EasyBCD didn't work any more and has been replaced, and link to Winrar was updated.

HTH

Edited by cannie

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

An interesting hint for old hardware users:

A boot from pendrive option for old computers which don't allow this, by using the start list and EasyBCD, has been included at paragraph 8.

Added some text improvements for a better understanding.

HTH

Edited by cannie

• 2 weeks later...

A new paragraph has been introduced which may be useful for many users:

"8.7.- Add the alternative working mode or another Windows 7 version."

- Improved paragraphs 4.3 and 8.5

- Light correction at paragraph 6.3.2

HTH

Edited by cannie

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Latest changes:

- An important improvement concerning deletion of not used asian language resources when not needed in order to considerably slim the OS at paragraph 4.3.

HTH

Edited by cannie

Latest changes:

- Being very important the influence of changing the cloning source the whole text has been reviewed and updated, including some minor improvements.

- Light correction at paragraph 8.2

HTH

Edited by cannie

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...