How to copy a file from the CD to the hard disk.

HI :)

Im new to this and im looking to copy a file "GuiRunOnce.bat" that is in the I386 folder to the hard disk How can i do this without the us of $OEM$ folder ?

Edited by Outbreaker

HI :)

Im new to this and im looking to copy a file "GuiRunOnce.bat" that is in the I386 folder to the hard disk How can i do this without the us of $OEM$ folder ?

To your current hard disk, or do you mean eventually the hard disk of the new system that will get installed from the CD?

Also, what are you trying to accomplish? Why can't you use the $OEM$ folder?

I don't know much about "TXTSETUP.SIF" but couldn't you add an entry to "TXTSETUP.SIF" and put your file or files in the i386 directory? It should copy those files just like normal system files.

Im pretty sure xp uses "TXTSETUP.SIF" to copy files to hard drive while installing i don't know much about the entries in "TXTSETUP.SIF" but i'm sure there's info on this board or through google.

Chris

Me problem is i don't know where i must put the entry in the TXTSETUP.SIF or DOSNET.INF

[EDIT]

I have now fixed my problem i found another way to fix my problem.

[/EDIT]

Edited by Outbreaker

Using COPY or XCOPY commands from a batch file is pretty simple, with stating the exact path to the file you want to copy.

@Outbreaker: one thing I learned in the forums is that sharing the solution to a problem is beneficial in many ways: it is accessible to everyone, it is easier to find and prevents posting on the same problem, thus giving time for others to focus on other problems. So, that's something to think about.

Cheers