Lilliput DisplayLink Drivers bad!

brex

Hi All.

I'm running an Asus Eee 901 Laptop with an nLited Xp Pro SP2, and I've recently recieved a Lilliput 7" Touch Screen Monitor...

With it comes DisplayLink drivers. However the drivers that did come with it were bad for my setup, they resulted in a continuous reboot loop that could only be stopped by uninstalling the drivers. That's fixed now after I got the new latest displaylink drivers (5.3.24566), however although they install, they tell me there is some incompatibility issue and my screen does not work.

Now there are actually two sets of drivers that come with the monitor, one for the actual display (displaylink) and one to set up the touch side of things... Touchkit I think they're called.

The touchkit drivers work fine, they are not a problem... in fact i can actually touch the monitor and move my mouse around on my main monitor. Just can't see anything on the thing!

I've tried the monitor on another computer and the all the drivers work find, so it's not the screen it's self that's busted, I figure it's some important part of windows xp that i've ripped out dureing my nlite.

I just don't know what!

Until then i'm trying to refrain from installing too much... ****!

Any advice would be much appreciated cheers!

post-292287-127381769011_thumb.jpg

It is possible it is something you removed with nLite. Why don't you attach Last Session.ini for a quick check? Also, did you check the system requirements for the driver in terms of OS (specific Service Pack) and video card?

Why don't you attach Last Session.ini for a quick check?

Yeah sorry I didn't attach one right away,... getting access to my Wife's laptop can be problematic sometimes. :blink: Also it took a few tries so I have multiple nlite left-overs.

As to requirements, the Lilliput website boasts compatibility with the eee series of laptops, so i figure the hardware is not an issue. Also Windows XP SP2 is supported by the DislayLink Driver.

There seems to be a 'last session_u.ini file as well, is that useful?

Thanks for the post :lol:

LAST SESSION.INI

Issue Resolved!

In the end I didn't end up reformatting and mucking around with nlite!

It seemed that SP3 (as recommended by johnhc, thanks man!) fixed up the DisplayLink drivers.

By the way,... having an extra touch screen is AWESOME! ;)

CLOSED