Win 7 scanning the floppy drive

rabidrodent

Hello

I have a anoying problem with my windows 7. Yesterday the os has been scanning the floppy drive when there is no floppy in there it does that in a cuple of minuts then it can go 10 minutes and so on. I have lookupd my antivirus software "antvir" and there is no timed setting for scanning the floppy so it cant be that. I have searched evry setting in windows 7 and i cant find were it could be wy windows 7 i scanning the floppy drive. Does any one having any clue why windows 7 is trying to scan the floppy drive?

What you may try is go into Device Manager delete the

floppy controller and click delete files, reboot the system to reinstall the

controller.

and or did you install chipet drivers yourself or use the windows 7 ones, if so go and get yourself the intel or amd drivers and install them, using the /OVERALL command

Edited by ner

I have tried your method reinstall the drivers and that dident work. I dont find floppy drivers from intel or amd. And i am using a Nforce4 motherboard with the latest drivers 15.XX somthing. WIn 7 is still scaning the floppy drive.

I have tried your method reinstall the drivers and that dident work. I dont find floppy drivers from intel or amd. And i am using a Nforce4 motherboard with the latest drivers 15.XX somthing. WIn 7 is still scaning the floppy drive.

ok, if you google, you will see its a fault with many people, so its a windows 7 bug!... doyou really need to have a floopy these days, disconnect until fix is ready?

If that was the case, we would see this in a process monitor log of the system - which isn't a bad idea anyway. It should at least show which process is attempting to access the A: drive.

I have been doing some research and its seams to be antivirs fault anyway i read in a forum that theres a bug with antivir scaning tool that is causing the random floppy seeks read here http://forum.avira.com/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=109307 furter down there they are taking up windows 7 error hope this will help others for the moment, wait to see if antvir fix this bug.