Windows 2000

Can anyone tell me if this sounds correct using two Network Cards.

I have a computer that is still running Windows 2000 and is connected to the local Network with network Card1. I want to keep Card1 as it is and then add a Second network Card2.Card1 is not configured with settings to get to the ISP but is configured to connect to the local lan. But I would like to configure network Card2 with the proper settings so the computer can get to the web using internet explorer. So if I add the info from the ISP that they gave me to Card2 then I should be able to get to the WEB fine. And then also at the same time I should be able to get to the local network still because I still have Card1 still configured for the local Lan Network.

That should work depending on the settings of card1.

If card1 has a dafault gateway, you'll need to remove it (and replace it with a route add -p ..... for your local networks) and then use the isp config on the card2.

If your local networks are not private ip addresses, you won't be able to access those networks on internet.

That should work depending on the settings of card1.

If card1 has a dafault gateway, you'll need to remove it (and replace it with a route add -p ..... for your local networks) and then use the isp config on the card2.

If your local networks are not private ip addresses, you won't be able to access those networks on internet.

Everything seemed to work Perfect so Thanks for the great Reply...