How to Create Windows Vista with Windows 7 in one dvd

sanyinet

Hi all,

i want to add windows vista and windows 7 into one dvd.

i have added vista using imagex. but after compiled it and booting in vmware it gives an error when selected vista product.

it is ok

Was fine until reboot, when you see the Windows Vista installation gave me an error

How can we fix this? I followed the steps of a guide integration with Windows Server 2008 R2

I see this image as you see the message "unable to start the installation process"

immaginefh.jpg

thank you

It'd be pretty easy to do, honestly - export the Vista and Win7 versions you want into a new install.wim (gimagex if you need a gui, otherwise imagex from the Win7 WAIK works fine), and replace the existing install.wim from a Windows 7 source with your new one.

Never had a problem with it before, so I'm wondering what exactly you're doing to cause a problem.

It'd be pretty easy to do, honestly - export the Vista and Win7 versions you want into a new install.wim (gimagex if you need a gui, otherwise imagex from the Win7 WAIK works fine), and replace the existing install.wim from a Windows 7 source with your new one.

Never had a problem with it before, so I'm wondering what exactly you're doing to cause a problem.

Export vista and windows 7 to a new install.wim and use the imagex /export <old path> <index> <new path> <name> command ?

Did that and moved the new install.wim to windows 7 dvd\sources..

It doesnt work for me, says installation cant proceed or something, i also created new clg files..

However I followed the guidance of MultiDVD Windows Vista / 7 x86 and x64 .. and then copying the licenses of Vista from boot.wim boot.wim on Windows 7 .. during installation of Windows 7, I appear versions of Windows 7 and Windows Vista, since I have transferred via imagex and everything went well. If you click the version of Windows Vista, I get that error ...

However I followed the guidance of MultiDVD Windows Vista / 7 x86 and x64 .. and then copying the licenses of Vista from boot.wim boot.wim on Windows 7 .. during installation of Windows 7, I appear versions of Windows 7 and Windows Vista, since I have transferred via imagex and everything went well. If you click the version of Windows Vista, I get that error ...

Well i dont know what your errormessage says, but mine says that installation cannot proceed.

Which guide did you follow?

I have read that you need to copy the EULA files into first boot.wim and then to sources\license but that doesnt work anyway.

I have already copied the files on boot.wim EULA and license ...

I think the problem is due to the difference in the setup of Windows Vista and Windows 7 .. I do not know .. I Install.wim appear on all versions of Vista and Windows 7 also can choose the version without problems .. until the first reboot, I get that error ... I think something is missing

guide like this ... I used imagex

I have already copied the files on boot.wim EULA and license ...

I think the problem is due to the difference in the setup of Windows Vista and Windows 7 .. I do not know .. I Install.wim appear on all versions of Vista and Windows 7 also can choose the version without problems .. until the first reboot, I get that error ... I think something is missing

guide like this ... I used imagex

http://www.msfn.org/...n-the-same-dvd/

Yea that one to create an AIO with multiple versions of 7 and/or vista on one install.wim

And you copied the eula and license etc, and still doesnt work?

I have the same problem.. whonder whats wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

yea.. Its easy to create an AIO since theyre all in .wim but to make it work wasnt so easy..

Copy licenses, why would that make it work ? well i tried it and no it didnt.

• 2 weeks later...

I briefly looked at this months ago. The problem is windows 7 and vista use the same PLU's so you woul dhave a product key problem. It might be possible to get around that, but i never use vista so i didnt care enough to bother. Maybe cluberti could write a step by step guide how to do this since i dont see any steps on how to do this? :thumbup

It sure would be nice to atleast know how to get vista and 7 onto the same dvd and properly wokring even if i may not use vista or xp anymore :P

But know how-to is always a good thing!.

• 2 months later...