WPI v8 Bug thread

I'm running on Windows 7 x64 and I don't have much in the way of problems with WPI 7.7. I thought I would give WPI 8.03 a go. I have run into a couple of problems. To make sure there were no other errors I renamed my old WPI folder WPI77, copied the downloaded WPI 8.03 WPI folder and only copied the config.js file from my old folder to the new one. As you can see from the .jpg files WPI77 greys out all files that have be checked on load. WPI803 however doesn't. It appears if I use %programfiles% in the new WPI it doesn't recognise it.

gcond[pn]=['FileExists("%PROGRAMFILES%\\DisplayFusion\\DisplayFusion.exe")'];

I have attached part of my config.js that relates to the part screen capture.

Also, when I go into config, I cannot highlight relevant sections to copy and paste. Double clicking highlights a word which can be copied and pasted but drag and highlight no longer works.

I have tried versions 8.01 and 8.02 and the faults are still there. I have also tried using a different machine and it is the same.

Help!

Terry

Part of config.js

post-277113-127708602061_thumb.jpg

post-277113-127708605753_thumb.jpg

If you don't have the full header in your config.js, it wasn't updated properly. It should look something like this:

// WPI Config 8.0.0
//
// User defined options
//

// Configurations tab
CheckOnLoad='default';
Configurations=['Server','Test','P2P','NAS'];
ShowMultiDefault=true;
// ---
SortOrder=['Drivers','Spyware & Virus','MultiMedia','Applications','Utilities','System','Windows Mastering'];

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Your programs here...
//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Either manually cut the lines from useroptions.js into config.js, or go into each Wizard, save each one. Then go back and manually updated your settings.

If you don't have the full header in your config.js, it wasn't updated properly. It should look something like this:

// WPI Config 8.0.0
//
// User defined options
//

// Configurations tab
CheckOnLoad='default';
Configurations=['Server','Test','P2P','NAS'];
ShowMultiDefault=true;
// ---
SortOrder=['Drivers','Spyware & Virus','MultiMedia','Applications','Utilities','System','Windows Mastering'];

// Your programs here...

Either manually cut the lines from useroptions.js into config.js, or go into each Wizard, save each one. Then go back and manually updated your settings.

I have saved the files under WPI 8.03. It still has the same faults. Here are the full files.

Terry

config.js

useroptions.js

• 3 weeks later...

dk why but when i click the begin install button i have to kill the process & restart wpi! it works about every other time :(

any idea?

EDIT: well it appeared to not be installing but my pc started talking the restarted!

it was playing the installer sounds that is (your at the begining, etc...)

whats weird is i looked in the task manager and didn't see it?

Edited by cworkman

Hello, and thank you for your efforts !

Sorry to be a little off topic, but your tools.rar has a trogen in the file CDswitch.exe and the makeISO.exe self-extracting installer is missing makeISO.cmd ... I was looking to use these tools :( ... Torn the download apart in a (disposable) virtual machine to discover this, and used Avira Premium and Personal to confirm it. I thought maybe it was a false positive.

I haven't started my first WPI project yet, and have a few questions, but I'll post amongst the nubbies elsewhere.

Sorry to complain. I author freeware, so believe me, I do appreciate your efforts. Thank You !! :)

HURRAY !! Avira didn't FREAK OUT ! It downloaded just fine ! THANK YOU :thumbup:thumbup:thumbup

The MakeISO will be very handy !

... now we've just got to convince Microsoft IE web-site Adviser that this download is no longer 'evil' :D

Thanks Again !!

• 4 weeks later...

When launching WPI.exe and trying to click on "config", I get the following error:

wpiconfigerror.jpg

I do not get this error if I invoke WPI directly from the WPI.hta in the 'Common' directory. All other clickable items work fine (options, manual, etc) regardless of whether I use WPI.exe or WPI.hta.

This is on a XP x64 SP2 workstation.

• 2 weeks later...