WPI v8 Bug thread

@xure: Are you sure? The paths get saved correctly for me.

Just double checked with a freshly extracted copy of WPI 8.0.0 went straight in to options and added two of the midi files that are included in the Audio folder. Changed the path to %temp%\WPI_Audio and still the paths in the .m3u playlist got evaluated to C:\WPI_Audio\<files>

Edit: Actually, evaluated was probably a poor choice of words there. More like it doesn't matter at all what I type as the path it always gets saved as C:\WPI_Audio\<files> regardless if I use variables or not.

(Sorry for the late reply, didn't have mail notification on this topic apparently.)

Edited by xure

Xure: You are right. My bad. I was using the default path to test, not realizing what you were getting at. All good now.

Look for v8.0.1 to be releases later today with the above bug fixes.

Thank you <3

However, I would still like to highlight the issue with having irrelevant variable values written to the playlist because it is not written to disk during install. Although I guess I could make some custom edits myself if you are really against the idea.

Xure: You are right. My bad. I was using the default path to test, not realizing what you were getting at. All good now.

Look for v8.0.1 to be releases later today with the above bug fixes.

Hallo thanks for the quick replys on the refresh thing. You mentioned that you would release 8.0.1 yesterday?. I can only find v8.0 on the website. Another thing When i get 8.0.1 downloaded, can i jsut put all the new files over without removing my setup for my files silent installers etc.?

edit minor bug.

I just wanted to tell that when you add installers to the first logon, and you put fx install order/number in fx 001 and save, it does not show up in the screen you have to exit the program and og in again before you can see what you signed to what.

Edited by wazer

@ = Wazer

Weekends are uber busy for me..

I am checking and uploadfing 8.0.1 now please check back inna little while.

As for updating?

I am pretty lazy and we have the 4 CORE files left out of the download since they are generated on first run or copied over when upgrading.

SO, I just drag and drop it all over the old location... (Warning, make SURE and backup your core 4 files [networkoptions, useroptions, config and windowoptions js files + your audio folder] Trust me ALWAYS keep a backup of your old config files)

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

@ = Wazer

Weekends are uber busy for me..

I am checking and uploadfing 8.0.1 now please check back inna little while.

As for updating?

I am pretty lazy and we have the 4 CORE files left out of the download since they are generated on first run or copied over when upgrading.

SO, I just drag and drop it all over the old location... (Warning, make SURE and backup your core 4 files [networkoptions, useroptions, config and windowoptions js files + your audio folder] Trust me ALWAYS keep a backup of your old config files)

Hello kel thanks for the quick reply, i edited my post can you please check out the "minor" bug, i think it is. Tho im not sure :).

I am having a hard time understanding the bug...

Can you explain abit better?

When you add an number to "install order" and press save it does not refresh the window, so you have to exit the program and run it again and then the number you wrote into the install order appears. :)

@Wazer: Fixed. Thanks. Will get v8.0.2 up in the next few days.

If you want to fix it now, update this code in configwizard.js. I forgot the line with NavGrid.cells(...);

function HandleInstallOrder()
{
position="configwizard.js";
whatfunc="HandleInstallOrder()";

CopyConfig(cpos);
NavGrid.cells(cpos,0).setValue(configList[cpos].ordr);
// document.getElementById("desc").focus();
}

Added a new layout design that shows the program's logo (png image) and

a short description under the main text. The main use of the second

line would be for version, system requirements, exclusions, etc. It

does use much more real estate, but looks much nicer than the old boring

list.

From History

I don't see short description nor program's logo as it was in Beta version I have from mritter

Hi !

I am starting WPI over the network and there is no write access to the WPI folder during installation. Since 8.01 I get this error when starting WPI:

Could not be saved:

Z:\Setup\WPI\WPIScripts\networkoptions.js

Errornumber 70

Permission denied

With the older WPI 8 beta this did not happen. Obviously WPI is trying to create the networkoptions.js file but due to missing write permissions this operation fails.

Is there anything I or you can do ? Why is WPI trying to create the file in the WPIScripts folder ? If run from a DVD this folder will be write protected as well ...

Have a nice day !

Bye,

Alex

@stasys44:

Sorry to ask but are you sure that you switched to the new layout?

To toggle the traditional list style and the new layout, go to Options

Wizard -> Style tab -> Use alternate layout with program's logos.

@Midiboy and everyone:

Do you guys want me to include "empty" default files for config.js, ueroptions.js,and networkoptions.js so this issue does on happen? You would still copy your previous version files over them. At least with the defaults already there,it could be run right out the box with no need for writing files.