Want to revert to Win7's built-in Firewall

morland

I recently installed the freeware firewall of Comodo in my Win7 PC. However I am not too happy because of some problems and would like to remove Comodo and simply use the firewall that came with Win7 (I am using the Home Edition of Win7).

I had a hitch that probably both firewalls are somehow enabled on my Win7 PC. I went into Control Panel and turned off the bult-in Firewall of Win7 but it now show the message (or maybe the icon) that firewall is not present (EVEN though I already have COMODO installed). SO that's the first question/confusion I am facing.

The 2nd question is that how do I uninstall COMODO in a very clean manner. I remember from a long time back when I ried to remove Norton Anti-Virus and it simply refused to un-install. Will I face a similar problem when trying to remove Comodo.

Last but not least, will be very thankful if you can share tips regarding what settings I need to put in place for the Windows Firewall to work effectively. Based on what I have read, the default configuration of Win7's firewall has a lot of room for improvement and I would like it to be as secure as my favourite firewall (which I use on XP) i.e. Sygate.

Thanks in advance for your kind help.

Comodo works just fine for me for like two years, are you sure you want to get rid of it? If I were you, I would try harder to find what is the cause of problems :)

The alert, well, I always turn these annoying messages off, so can't really tell - but if you get Comodo to popup warnings about connections,then it indeed does work.

And I am 100% sure it does uninstall just fine. Did it several times on 3 PCs.

Thanks for the reply and sharing your views. I guess my experience has been rather frustrating :(

Also thanks for the conformation that it un-installs just fine and without any problems.

Regards.