Change the language of the setup windows 7

For educational purposes I want to change the language of the setup of Windows 7. I mean the whole installation to be in the selected language.

This can be done when you select the language in the beggining of the setup like this:

Windows7-2010-04-27-16-40-56.png

The only I succeed to do was this (but setup is in english):

Windows7-2010-04-27-16-38-14.png

How this can be done?

After many tests I found out that when I integrate a language but not make the install unattended I can have this screen:

Windows7-2010-04-27-16-40-56.png

but when the Autounattend.xml is present that screen is not present.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening?

I'd like to know that myself :PNot sure why but unattended is somehow interfering with langselection.. not good!bfc_xxx ::You need to modify boot.wim, in the 7Customizer thread, have a look at my last post and you will find the info you need.

This one:

Edited by grabben

Dism /Mount-Wim /WimFile:boot.wim /index:1 /MountDir:mount
Dism /image:mount /add-package /packagepath:winpe_langpack\cpu\mui\lp.cab"
Dism /image:mount /add-package /packagepath:winpe_langpack\cpu\mui\winpe-scripting_mui.cab"
Dism /image:mount /add-package /packagepath:winpe_langpack\cpu\mui\winpe-srt_mui.cab"
Dism /image:mount /add-package /packagepath:winpe_langpack\cpu\mui\winpe-wds-tools_mui.cab"
Dism /image:mount /add-package /packagepath:winpe_langpack\cpu\mui\winpe-wmi_mui.cab"
Dism /image:mount /Gen-LangINI /distribution:mount
Dism /Unmount-Wim /MountDir:mount /commit

Dism /Mount-Wim /WimFile:boot.wim /index:2 /MountDir:mount
Dism /image:mount /add-package /packagepath:waik\tools\PEtools\cpu\WinPE_FPs\winpe-fontsupport-fontmui.cab"
Dism /image:mount /add-package /packagepath:winpe_langpack\cpu\mui\lp.cab"
Dism /image:mount /add-package /packagepath:winpe_langpack\cpu\mui\winpe-setup_mui.cab"
Dism /image:mount /add-package /packagepath:winpe_langpack\cpu\mui\winpe-setup-client_mui.cab"
Dism /image:mount /add-package /packagepath:winpe_langpack\cpu\mui\winpe-scripting_mui.cab"
Dism /image:mount /add-package /packagepath:winpe_langpack\cpu\mui\winpe-srt_mui.cab"
Dism /image:mount /add-package /packagepath:winpe_langpack\cpu\mui\winpe-wds-tools_mui.cab"
Dism /image:mount /add-package /packagepath:winpe_langpack\cpu\mui\winpe-wmi_mui.cab"
Dism /image:mount /Gen-LangINI /distribution:mount
Dism /Unmount-Wim /MountDir:mount /commit

Replace MUI and Fontmui with your language (sv-se, en-us, nl-nl etc etc)

WinPE_Langpack folder is found on the waik 7 iso/dvd..

Replace cpu with amd64 or x86

Hope i didnt miss anything :P

Can you explain what this exactly does?

Also there is no fontmui for all languages. eg there is no winpe-fontsupport_el-gr.cab

it processes the boot.wim index so you'll have any available language for 7 when installing..

No the'ere no fontsupport for other languages then asian, why i dont know but "best guess" is beacuse asians wants to do it the hard way lol.

Altho i dont know why the unattended file removes that screen..

Edited by grabben

it processes the boot.wim index so you'll have any available language for 7 when installing..

No the'ere no fontsupport for other languages then asian, why i dont know but "best guess" is beacuse asians wants to do it the hard way lol.

Ooooh yes I understand, that's the manual way. I managed to change the setup screen language with some tool.

I guess that when unattended file is used then the setup language is not important because it is supposed to be unattended and that's why is always at english.

Ooooh yes I understand, that's the manual way. I managed to change the setup screen language with some tool.

I guess that when unattended file is used then the setup language is not important because it is supposed to be unattended and that's why is always at english.

yea exactly its the manual way :).

Hm possible, im not sure or maybe its just a component in unattended that makes it skip language selection for setup.

Hm possible, im not sure or maybe its just a component in unattended that makes it skip language selection for setup.

Hi Grabben.

After some try and error I didnt manage to select the setup language but I managed to change the setup language from Autounattend.xml

You can change in Autounattend.xml these lines and set whatever language you want:

<SetupUILanguage>

<UILanguage>en-us</UILanguage>

</SetupUILanguage>

Then the setup will be in the language you want.

Hi Grabben.

After some try and error I didnt manage to select the setup language but I managed to change the setup language from Autounattend.xml

You can change in Autounattend.xml these lines and set whatever language you want:

<SetupUILanguage>

<UILanguage>en-us</UILanguage>

</SetupUILanguage>

Then the setup will be in the language you want.

Hm thanks, altho id like to change the setup language myself and not in the unattended file :P