Installing WIndows 7 with SSD

cgimana

I just got a spaking new laptop with a 500GB HD, I also grabbed a 64GB SSD to use as the primary, and put the 500GB as the secondary.

What I want to do is set the install of my windows 7 to only have the OS files on the 64GB HD.

The program files are so small that they run just fine from the slower 500GB HDD.

With vLIte can I have the install of windows install Program Files, Program Files (x86), Common Files, DevicePath, and MediaPathUnexpanded all to the D:\ drive to save space on the 64gb SSD for the games I want to install to it? Currently I have World of Warcraft and the OS on the SSD, but there isn't much room for many other games.

Older games like Diablo 2 and Star Craft I don't mind installing to the HDD, but Diablo III and StarCraft 2 I know I want installed to the SSD, but I need to free up the space.

I am guessing I need to get the install of Windows 7 files on the SSD to about 10-15GB with all the files and folders that can be redirected to the HDD.

Any help would be really nice.

Edited by cgimana

if there something big u wanna install on the hdd manually change the dir to install it

cos u might wanna small apps install to ssd\program files\

to gain the speed of ssd

that what im doing

Umm thanks.

But what I want to do is have all the preinstalls windows program files installed to a different drive letter, then the main OS, that would save me only a GB, but not sure if that is worth it or not.

CGIMana

Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q860

64GB SSD Primary Data Medium

500GB HDD Secondary Date Medium

Edited by cgimana