Question on the part of the bar in between taskbar and systemtray

Hi,

(WIN 98SE with sesp30b4, KernelEx, MDIECU32E, version 4.10.2222).

Right of the Start button (totally left), I have FreeLauchbar installed (version 1, because version 2 does not work with RP 9) and RP 9 (thanks again Tihiy for this superb invention) and I like FLB very much and I am accessing most - but not all - of my folders via FLB.

On the right side (sytem tray), I have TClock with date and time upside and KPF, Clamwin, Clam Sentinel, RamPage and Spamihilator downside.

What I am interested in, is the part (rest) of the bar between FLB (taskbar) and the system tray, where the IE windows are shown when IE is open.

How can one modify the settings of this part of the bar ?

I have found hook 99 which allows to take away the text from the minimized IE windows and only leave (small) icons, but they are always in one line in the middle of the large bar and thus quickly use the (scarce) place left (which only allows 3 minimized icons / IE windows), ... except if I unlock the taskbar and relock it. After doing that (unlocking and relocking), the space for the (minimized) IE windows is split into two lines like in the system tray and I can have 6 minimized IE windows (3 upside, 3 downside). But when I restart, this sitation is not saved. After restarting, I again need to unlock the taskbar and relock it in order to obtain the previous result.

The same is true, if I do NOT use FreeLaunchbar, but the original Microsoft Launchbar (large icons). So it does not seem to have to do with the size of the icons in FLB. But when I use UpdateIcons 3.1.0.0.0. from Pierre Torris, which refreshes all icons, including the desktop icons, the next time I am opening a program, there are two lines for the IE windows in the space between the taskbar and the systemtray.

I am wondering what is going on there ? (How can it have to do with desktop icons ? What about - pure speculation -the question mark on the upper left angle of the desktop which is (apparently) due to Tihiys RP9 ?)

Any idea how to fix this ? (Sorry for this very specific question, but I am searching for this since months now).

Thanks for nay help.

Roger

I'm having a hard time picturing what you want. A screenshot would help. Does what you want look anything like these? I used the normal toolbars and added shortcuts to system and data folders to them. Using RP9, KEX and normal system components.

post-118612-127220360473_thumb.gifpost-118612-127220450444_thumb.gif

What about - pure speculation -the question mark on the upper left angle of the desktop which is (apparently) due to Tihiys RP9

The question mark is not a bug, but a "by design" debug feature... Read these 3 posts: link.

BTW, moved to proper section! :)

So and here (I am still learning - and I like it :thumbup ) is the second situation (after having unlocked and relocked the taskbar).

I mean the part of the bar between the big red double you ("W") and the system tray.

Thank you for your help !

Roger

post-166557-12723136551_thumb.gif

I've never seen a taskbar like that.

Hi herbalist,

thanks anyway for your help !

Just to show you what my is tasbar is further able to do: http://www.windows7download.com/win7-free-launch-bar/screenshot-noviardd.html : Menus and even submenus (dont have Win 7, but only win 98 SE, but was not able to do a screenshot, because when doing the screenshot, the popup menu disappears).

Roger