Make_PE3 Program to Create Portable Windows 7 PE

wimb

Please check version of used Dism.exe and wimgapi.dll in folder Make_PE3\AIK_Tools\x86\Dism

it copy by itself. wrong copy? it is not.

i checked

C:\Make_PE3\AIK_Tools\x86\Dism\wimgapi.dll 6.1.7600.16385

C:\Make_PE3\AIK_Tools\x86\Dism\Dism.exe 6.1.7600.16385

why it complain about C:\windows\system32\wimgapi.dll in error if it uses C:\Make_PE3\AIK_Tools\x86\Dism\wimgapi.dll ?

I don't know why you get this error.

I developed the program in XP and can run Make_PE3.exe quite well in XP without using AIK.

Dism.exe and wimgapi.dll will be used from folder Make_PE3\AIK_Tools\x86\Dism

Can you try to make pe3_x86.iso using second radio button in Make_PE3.exe

Hopefully that is working for you.

Can you give me any advise on getting audio working the audio fix script gets the volume control working but I still have no sound

In Windows 7 with working soundcard collect the registry key

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices\Audio\Render\{f36cd2e2-2a57-4081-a8d2-2064695810bc}\Properties]

(your guid will differ from mine {f36cd2e2-2a57-4081-a8d2-2064695810bc})

Use these values as described in

http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=11081&st=17

thanks for the info got sound now

has anyone got aero theme working?

Edited by carenot

*** Update of Make_PE3 package to Create Portable Windows 7 PE ***

• Changed - X:\Program Files in Links was changed to %programfiles% or %programfiles(x86)%
    Thanks to Lancelot for giving this solution to have correct Links fot IE8 and PENetwork
  • Changed - imagex parameters in Make_PE3.exe are now absolute path with surrounding double quotes
    Hopefully this helps to solve problem in x64 environment in some cases
  • Changed - Setting Locale TimeZone is removed in case of winre.wim ,because of long timeout delay
  • Added - Program Version is now visible in running program - latest version is 1.0

Edit: This one seems to work at dism part.

i think i found the problem.

when i put boot.wim from directly setup dvd it works at dism part builts ok.

but when i test iso and wim size ok but no shell inside wim and other files.

starts setup. maybe same language fixes need in add_files.txt to change en-us to tr-tr. will try that. there is C:\Make_PE3\PE3_mod\WIN7_add\x86\Windows\explorer.exe. it collects ok. but not explorer.exe inside boot.wim

when i export boot.wim 2 with boot flag only one image inside wim it gives same error.

Edited by Kullenen_Ask

Edit: This one seems to work at dism part.

i think i found the problem.

when i put boot.wim from directly setup dvd it works at dism part builts ok.

but when i test iso and wim size ok but no shell inside wim and other files.

starts setup. maybe same language fixes need in add_files.txt to change en-us to tr-tr. will try that.

when i export boot.wim 2 with boot flag only one image inside wim it gives same error.

Strange ....

I assume you are using Make_PE3.exe

Can you test also with Make_PE3.cmd to see if you have the same problem.

And can you test with DVD or Win7 drive as source instead of your mounted install.wim

And can you test with DVD or Win7 drive as source instead of your mounted install.wim

how will it be? i don't see such option. i am used to foreign language issues. you always say it will detect language and copy right files but i never get it work without modify changing en-us values to tr-tr values inside txt files.

If you can help me one time me to built it in xp without waik without problem. i will give you are prize and will work on a feature you want to integrate to your build with files and registry settings :) i cant work on a built that i cant build.

testing cmd. first select 1 and selected source after selected 2

it takes very long time with cmd. had C:\Make_PE3\PE3_mod\WIN7_add\x86\Windows\System32\wlansvc.dll Not Found error. selected continue to build. base is turkish setup dvd.

Error: Unknown Return Code 317

PE3-SOFTWARE_CUSTOM.reg added to HKLM\PE3-SOFTWARE

and lots of from that 317 return codes.

Error DISM DISM Manager: PID=2184 Failed to create unique image session lock name for DISM located at 'C:\Make_PE3\win7pe_x86\mount\Windows\System32\Dism\dismprov.dll'. - CDISMManager::CheckSessionAndLock(hr:0x8007013d)

Error DISM DISM Manager: PID=2184 Failed to create the image session lock for location: C:\Make_PE3\win7pe_x86\mount\Windows\System32\Dism - CDISMManager::CreateImageSession(hr:0x8007013d)

Error DISM DISM.EXE: Could not load the image session. HRESULT=8007013D

Error DISM DISM.EXE: Unable to start the servicing process for the image at 'C:\Make_PE3\win7pe_x86\mount'. HRESULT=8007013D

Warning DISM DISM Provider Store: PID=536 Failed to Load the provider: J:\sources\WimProvider.dll. - CDISMProviderStore::Internal_GetProvider(hr:0x8007007e)

Edited by Kullenen_Ask

how will it be? i don't see such option. i am used to foreign language issues. you always say it will detect language and copy right files but i never get it work without modify changing en-us values to tr-tr values inside txt files.

Option to Select DVD as source is there

Just in batch program Select 1 will give Drive selector

Or in exe use button to Select Windows 7 Source

You are right, tr-TR is missing in the list :w00t:

That is very strange, I have a lot of Distribution Languages but no Turkish.

Of course I will make adjustment. Thanks for the Info.

Thanks for half of the prize ....

Edited by wimb

i think it means it is forbidden to share this program here. i don't know who decide what can be shared or not and in which criteriums that is decided. there is lots of same software around and they live for years. what should he wrote in his readme? it is for educations purposes only? it is same lie for every software. i don't know anybody care it. if anybody wants to use it commercial nothing can stop him. it is same for every software. crack tools writers write same too. if you have knife you can use it for to cut bread or to kill a person. it will be possible if the users conscience open license terms allow him to use also an internet explorer, a paint, a calculator will enough for his commercial desires. maybe we should stop developing that we are in the limit. i am already stopped :angel

Edited by Kullenen_Ask

wimb,

What are the limitations or license terms for the use of this software? For example, would it be possible to use this to create a thin client for use in a corporate environment?

Make_PE3 is Freeware, which means it is free for private use,

but one may not sell it or use it for commercial purposes.

It is not for me to decide, whether the output e.g the 7PE or PE3 ISO Boot Images,

may be used as thin client in a corporate environment,

but it might be quite usefull for this purpose. :unsure:

Edited by wimb

I am only interested in it because it can add video and DirectX function. I currently use WinPE to run BurnInTest but the video tests do not work. I have been unsuccessful getting DirectX and even 2D acceleration to work. I am also looking at WEE7 but that looks to be a little more complicated.

I am only interested in it because it can add video and DirectX function. I currently use WinPE to run BurnInTest but the video tests do not work. I have been unsuccessful getting DirectX and even 2D acceleration to work. I am also looking at WEE7 but that looks to be a little more complicated.

what is the connection of licensing issues and video functionality? if it be possible to use this to create a thin client for use in a corporate environment it will be illegal and need to be removed. looks more that you search for a way to block the content because of licensing issues :blushing: sorry if we understand your question wrong? maybe you should ask in a different way.

what is the connection of licensing issues and video functionality? if it be possible to use this to create a thin client for use in a corporate environment it will be illegal and need to be removed. looks more that you search for a way to block the content because of licensing issues :blushing: sorry if we understand your question wrong? maybe you should ask in a different way.

No I am looking for a better way to use our current system. It is legal to use WinPE in corporate environment the way we do now. I asked because some people who make software have restrictions, like HFSLIP for example can't be used by a company. I was just asking if the same rules are for Make_PE3 as well. I am asking you because these rules are typically determined by the software author.

*** Update of Make_PE3 package to Create Portable Windows 7 PE ***

This update concerns mostly a lot of improvement for x64 support, especially for making 7pe_amd64.iso

• Added - Turkish tr-TR as Distribution Language - Thanks to Kullenen_Ask for telling me Turkish was missing.
  • Changed - In Make_PE3.exe xcopy is used instead of DirCopy, needed for copying IE8 and other folders in x64 OS
  • Changed - latest AutoIt3 version 3.3.6.1 was used to compile Make_PE3.exe
  • Added - in Make_PE3.cmd one can Select now AIK Tools folder e.g. on drive not being C:
  • Added - Wireless Internet Support in 7pe_amd64.iso (seen for first time working ?)
  • Added - Wordpad, Paint and Photo Viewer working in 7pe_amd64.iso
  • Changed - x64 Shortcut Links e.g IE8 Icon on Desktop is now working in 7pe_amd64.iso
  • Changed - Program Version - latest version is now 1.1

Known issues in 7pe_amd64.iso and pe3_amd64.iso:

in pe3_amd64.iso only BS Explorer Shell is working selectable via PEShell

No wallpaper support yet in amd64 ISO versions

Audio Fix is not working yet in amd64 ISO versions

Setting Screen Resolution only works via PEShell for amd64 versions

Most interesting x64 build is 314 MB 7pe_amd64.iso made directly from winre.wim on Selected x64 Windows 7 drive

It has Wireless Internet with IE8 and Wordpad, Paint and Photo Viewer working :thumbup

Edited by wimb

very close to a success build. tested under turkish xp with without waik and turkish mounted install.wim. gui used.

*dism looks like it works fully ok. it works more slower then other builds it probably mean it using new dism. no problem.

*looks like files copied in wim. didn't check every file but seems all there.

but

*again it opens setup as shell.

*no winpeshl.ini inside wim and only wpeutil in startnet.cmd.

*reg files didn't merged. i checked inside wim. classes not imported.

in cmd:

*it doesn't select setup dvd drive as source. it selects only mounted wim. it was selecting and try to build with setup dvd drive previous versions.

th_1.jpg?t=1278839588

th_2.jpg?t=1278839778

again reg file errors and 2 dism errors.

Error DISM DISM Manager: PID=1532 Failed to create unique image session lock name for DISM located at 'C:\Make_PE3\win7pe_x86\mount\Windows\System32\Dism\dismprov.dll'. - CDISMManager::CheckSessionAndLock(hr:0x8007013d)

Error DISM DISM Manager: PID=1532 Failed to create the image session lock for location: C:\Make_PE3\win7pe_x86\mount\Windows\System32\Dism - CDISMManager::CreateImageSession(hr:0x8007013d)

Error DISM DISM.EXE: Could not load the image session. HRESULT=8007013D

Error DISM DISM.EXE: Unable to start the servicing process for the image at 'C:\Make_PE3\win7pe_x86\mount'. HRESULT=8007013D

i think it works ok with C:\Make_PE3\AIK_Tools\x86\Dism\ folder but not with C:\Make_PE3\win7pe_x86\mount\Windows\System32\Dism\

can not you automize copying of boot.wim, bootmgr, boot folder to makepe3 folder? is it difficult to put a copy command in a batch file?

Edited by Kullenen_Ask