Make_PE3 Program to Create Portable Windows 7 PE

wimb

packages in boot.wim number 1

Package Identity : Microsoft-Windows-WinPE-LanguagePack-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~tr-

Package Identity : Microsoft-Windows-WinPE-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.7600.16385

Package Identity : WinPE-Scripting-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~tr-TR~6.1.7600.16385

Package Identity : WinPE-Scripting-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.7600.16385

Package Identity : WinPE-SRT-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~tr-TR~6.1.7600.16385

Package Identity : WinPE-SRT-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.7600.16385

Package Identity : WinPE-WDS-Tools-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~tr-TR~6.1.7600.16385

Package Identity : WinPE-WDS-Tools-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.7600.16385

Package Identity : WinPE-WMI-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~tr-TR~6.1.7600.16385

Package Identity : WinPE-WMI-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.7600.16385

packages in boot.wim number 2

Package Identity : Microsoft-Windows-WinPE-LanguagePack-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~tr-TR~6.1.7600.16385

Package Identity : Microsoft-Windows-WinPE-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.7600.16385

Package Identity : WinPE-Scripting-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~tr-TR~6.1.7600.16385

Package Identity : WinPE-Scripting-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.7600.16385

Package Identity : WinPE-Setup-Client-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~tr-TR~6.1.7600.16385

Package Identity : WinPE-Setup-Client-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.7600.16385

Package Identity : WinPE-Setup-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~tr-TR~6.1.7600.16385

Package Identity : WinPE-Setup-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.7600.16385

Package Identity : WinPE-SRT-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~tr-TR~6.1.7600.16385

Package Identity : WinPE-SRT-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.7600.16385

Package Identity : WinPE-WDS-Tools-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~tr-TR~6.1.7600.16385

Package Identity : WinPE-WDS-Tools-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.7600.16385

Package Identity : WinPE-WMI-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~tr-TR~6.1.7600.16385

Package Identity : WinPE-WMI-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.7600.16385

it will not need install.wim. installed system will be used. like as now. only boot.wim of setup dvd will be used. dism in setup dvd will be used. and i can give the registry and files settings for pppoe and wireless support.files will be same files as now.you can pull them from like the other files you copy from installed system and put add_files.txt. winsxs folder will be more small. will give registry settings only. will not need that packages. will not need for aik

Edited by Kullenen_Ask

it will not need install.wim. installed system will be used. like as now.

Me and other uses install.wim from win7 setup DVD and it works. My computer is in 64bit and i use make_pe3 to built a x86 versions

It's maybe a good thing if we can build Pe3 whithout waik.

@wimb

what about post # 97 and issue in dircopy when using a computer in 64bit.

Me and other uses install.wim from win7 setup DVD and it works.

i am too. only wimb missunderstand what i mean. install.wim will not be a must. installed system will be used as now or a mounted install.wim for copy files.

i post my opinions only. can be usefull stuff

Edited by Kullenen_Ask

@wimb

what about post # 97 and issue in dircopy when using a computer in 64bit.

I don't know yet. May be you can find out how to solve the issue.

It seems the DirCopy problem on x64 OS is limited to dirs with \Program Files\.....\*.*

and may be there is a fix by using something as EnvGet('ProgramW6432') like being used in

ElseIf FileExists(EnvGet('ProgramW6432') & '\Windows AIK\Tools') Then
$AIK_Tools = EnvGet('ProgramW6432') & '\Windows AIK\Tools'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environment_variable

@Kullenen_Ask

I understand what you mean:

Use boot.wim and Dism from Setup DVD and combine with files collected from installed Windows 7 Source drive.

Can probably be done this way.

Remember that for collecting files of Windows 7 you don't need actually to have WAIK installed.

That is already as separate process available (use option 2 or radio button)

Edited by wimb

@Kullenen_Ask

I understand what you mean:

Use boot.wim and Dism from Setup DVD and combine with files collected from installed Windows 7 Source drive.

Can probably be done this way.

Remember that for collecting files of Windows 7 you don't need actually to have WAIK installed.

That is already as separate process available (use option 2 or radio button)

yes exactly that. probably already integrated packages will be enough. as i said can help for other two packages without needing cab files to have if you decide to code such way. both of the number 1 and number 2 wims can be used. i dont know which one will be better to use. they have advantages and disadvantages.

Edited by Kullenen_Ask

yes exactly that. probably already integrated packages will be enough. as i said can help for other two packages without needing cab files to have if you decide to code such way. both of the number 1 and number 2 wims can be used. i dont know which one will be better to use. they have advantages and disadvantages.

i made (experiment) a batch command to build PE without WAIK, here summary of my batch command

> using PE image either from Recovery folder (winre.wim), System Repair Disc or Install DVD image no 2 (i made comparison, all of them same packages/files and registry, only different shell and image number)

> copy required files using file list from Wimb's Make_PE3 (thanks to Wimb) , either from windows 7 installed or from install.wim (optional, can be usefull to build PE from Windows 7 PE when no windows 7 PC available)

> use DISM to mount/unmount and add driver

> use registry HKLM/SOFTWARE and HKLM/SYSTEM from Wimb's Make_PE3 (thanks to Wimb), but i have to reduce the registry because some of them already there.

reduce HKLM/SOFTWARE to 8MB and HKLM/SYSTEM to 91KB. Some HKLM/SOFTWARE can not be imported because permission was sets to "trusted installer", so i register it at boot.

> HKCU registry imported to Windows/system32/config/DEFAULT

> final boot.wim size about 220MB.

> I did not remove any packages/files from original boot.wim because i want to use my UFD as "live os"/repair tools and installer.

example use: i can boot my UFD to this PE to create VHD from disk management (i hate to use command line every time), then install windows 7 to VHD from this PE.

unfortunatelly, i made a simple batch command only for en-US language and windows 7 32 bit, and also in Indonesian dialog. if somebody interesting to see my batch command/registry set, i will try to translate to english language and upload it.

Edited by trizet

i made a simple batch command only for en-US language and windows 7 32 bit, and also in Indonesian dialog. if somebody interesting to see my batch command/registry set, i will try to translate to english language and upload it.

Hi trizet

I am certainly interested in your batch command/registry set which can make use of winre.wim or boot.wim of Setup DVD.

If you can translate into English and Upload the program at e.g. MediaFire, that will be very helpful

http://www.mediafire.com/

If we can use winre.wim from Recovery folder of Installed Windows 7 source drive,

then we even don't need to use Windows 7 Setup DVD at all.

We can simply combine winre.wim with files collected from Windows 7 source drive.

No need to download and Install AIK and no need to mount install.wim saves a lot of time.

Edited by wimb

If we can use winre.wim from Recovery folder of Installed Windows 7 source drive,

then we even don't need to use Windows 7 Setup DVD at all.

We can simply combine winre.wim with files collected from Windows 7 source drive.

No need to download and Install AIK and no need to mount install.wim saves a lot of time.

indeed, so every windows 7 user can build PE with minimum resources. i will translate to english and upload it if i have some time tomorrow.

OOT

do you have your own thread at boot-land?

i would like to post all my reply at boot-land but i couldn't find thread about make_pe3, so i registered and posted here.

(my nick at boot-land is tsetya)

indeed, so every windows 7 user can build PE with minimum resources. i will translate to english and upload it if i have some time tomorrow.

OOT

do you have your own thread at boot-land?

i would like to post all my reply at boot-land but i couldn't find thread about make_pe3, so i registered and posted here.

(my nick at boot-land is tsetya)

Thanks for your reply. I am looking forward to see your batch program ....

At boot-land my work is published here

http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=10250&st=120

and in 911cd forum here

http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=21883&st=60

Just wanted to chime in to remind (if needed :unsure:) that there is a "simple" way to access/mount a .wim:

http://nativeex.boot-land.net/Programs/WimCaptEx/WimCaptEx.htm

http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=9765

that can be used from XP also.

Thanks jaclaz for reminding me of this usefull tool.

I did just an experiment to use as source winre.wim from Recovery folder of Installed Windows 7 source drive.

(thanks to trizet and Kullenen_Ask for moving me in this direction)

It requires some changes in Make_PE3 but I think we don't need WAIK or Windows 7 setup DVD anymore.

To create pe3_x86.iso Boot Image, we only need to collect files from installed Windows 7 source drive,

and can make use of winre.wim as found earlier by trizet :thumbup

List of needed files and required registry settings were taken from Make_PE3 package.

I had to boot with explorer shell instead of PEShell.

Some fixes are needed for WLAN files since the WLAN hotfix was not accepted.

Everything else seems to work quite well.

Edited by wimb

hi Wimb

i sent download link to your PM because it does not finish yet (i did not provide any readme.txt and credits)

jfyi, this batch command does not make iso file, it is use diskpart to format ufd and boot directly to boot.wim.

hope it will usefull to your project.

regards

Hi

I am new to this Make_PE3 but its a great tool and I have managed to edit it to change the wallpaper and icons on the desktop but I have had no look in adding the wireless driver for the 5100 AGN. I have added the folder with the windows 7 drivers in to the folder Make_PE3\PE3_mod\WIN7_drivers\x86 as it says in the text file documentation but it still does not work.

Could someone tell me where I am going wrong ?

I have had the ralink wifi working on another machine but was not sure if this was built in.

Is there going to be any more add ons to this as its an amazing tool.

Thanks in advance

Martyn

but I have had no look in adding the wireless driver for the 5100 AGN. I have added the folder with the windows 7 drivers in to the folder Make_PE3\PE3_mod\WIN7_drivers\x86 as it says in the text file documentation but it still does not work.

Were the wireless drivers processed by Dism during build ?

After booting with pe3_x86.iso you can use Driver Fix from desktop to install the drivers and start WLAN Service.

Check in Device Manager if your Network card is installed.

See if your netdriver.inf is located in X:\Windows\inf folder.

Start PENetwork is neede for Connect and Authentication.

Program AddOnns are preferred to be portable and go in PStart menu.