Make_PE3 Program to Create Portable Windows 7 PE

wimb

May be then try to make Portable Win 7 which allows to Install anything you like and meanwhile keep the drivers.

http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=23553

http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=24424

Performance of Portable Win 7 in VHD booting from USB is much better than any PE

Procedure for booting with 1.6 GB Portable Windows 7 VHD file on USB-harddisk

Step 1. - Direct Install Windows 7 in a 10 GB VHD file on local harddisk and created by WinNTSetup2_x86.exe with Ctrl + Shift + V

Step 2. - Run VHD_W7_Compact.exe to Copy Win7 VHD content in 10 min to New VHD file of Reduced Size on USB-harddisk

Step 3. - Reboot with 1.6 GB Win7 VHD file from USB

:)

Edited by wimb

I see you are trying to convince me to use a vhd. :yes: I need to boot from CD (not DVD) so I need to keep the size at a minimum. I just don't understand why nothing is copied to system32 when the inf is processed. If the driver is not installable, then I'd be interested in finding out why. Shouldn't dism complain if it can't process the inf files?

Edited by click-click

It's a virtual driver, not connected to real hardware, so dism will only add it to the driver store.

There should be an uim exe file with the installation files that can install that driver.

cheers.gif

Hi JFX,

Glad to see you here. Yes there was a uim_x86 .exe too besides the inf and sys files, but that did not end up in the Driverstore. It's still in the UIM directory of the Application though. Do I just run that after Win7PE is booted?

Do I just run that after Win7PE is booted?

As far as i remember yes, just run it after boot. It's a silent installer and should create a log file next to it.

But I have not used it for a long time cause it makes trouble with the shadowprotect driver I use.

cheers.gif

Well, that looks like the solution to install the drivers, but I can't get the Archiive Tab to appear in the Paragon SW. This is where a mount/unmount can be selected for a given backup. I thought this condition was because the drivers were not being installed, but I guess I'm still missing something. I have not gotten anyone to confirm if they have this working in a Win7PE.

Edited by click-click

Try to delete the HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MiniNT registry key before starting Paragon software.

Maybe they disabled some features in WinPE mode. But don't forget to create the MiniNT key after running paragon as it's required for shutdown/restart.

cheers.gif

That key does not exist in my Win7Pe. I thought that only applied to XP PE. Maybe I need to

include VSS. I saw your post here, but I did not see how to patch the three files you mentioned there.

Edited by click-click

Removing MiniNT unlocks the archive tab for the Paragon Backup/Recovery SW that I have tested, but mounting does not work for the 2012 versions. I can mount with HDM10, but when I try to unmount the drive, I get an error. There is no Force Unmount check-box in HDM10 Suite like in HDM12 Pro.

Edited by click-click

driver_fix.cmd is essential and preferred in all cases :)

driver_fix.cmd loads many drivers and start a lot of services where PENetwork is only limited to Network.

Anyone know why netvwifibus.inf shows an error (0xe0000102) in a Make_PE3 build when drv_fix.cmd loads the various infs? This is the only inf that it complains about with the laptop I'm using.

Edited by click-click

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone seen any issue in prior builds where having USB devices such as mouse/keyboard plugged into certain ports causing issues with programs or other devices installed?

Basically what I have done is taken the win7pe build and customized the image for diagnostics of some specific PCs. All drivers, and programs have been installed. I have added touchscreen support and everything was working well with our original unit. A similar unit is now being built except with a different style touchscreen. All OS images are the same for this machine so I assume no drivers have changed for this.

We use a program that is built to read motherboard information such as serial number and other information. When I have USB and mouse plugged in on certain ports during startup this program fails to function. Does anyone have any ideas? Driver issues? Device mapping problem? I am lost at this point.

If I leave these devices unplugged from the certain USB ports on bootup the program functions properly. I can plug in the devices to the problematic ports after bootup with no issues.