Need help with INI for smallest and lightest possible Windows Server 2

RamGuy

Hi,

Myself and a friend is about to setup a dedicated World of Warcraft / FreeNAS server!

We'll be using Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 (with Service Pack 2) as operating system, I'll be integrated all of the latest drivers for the server hardware but I have a bad time figuring what I should, and should not remove from the installation by using nLite!

Basicly we want the tiniest and lightest possible version of Server 2003 R2 64bit, while it still keeps compatibility with .NET Framework, World of Warcraft (DirectX9?), as well as it should be able to run VMWare Workstation for the FreeNAS firmware that will be hosting a NAS solution for my friend.

So the machine will be all about stability, 24/7 usage and only be running VMWare Workstation (with FreeNAS image), two port link aggregation over the on-board Marvell LAN controller as it will require full speed Internet and network connection in order to get both the FreeNas (VMWare) and multiply World of Warcraft gaming going.

And that's about it.. What to remove, and what not to remove to not break the compatibility with those application we'll be running?

We can also use Windows XP 64bit Service Pack 2 instead of Server 2003 R2 64bit if you'll recommend that instead, I've just got better overall experience with Server 2003 R2.

If anyone could toss up an pre-configured INI file we could be using, I would absolutely love that!

We've tried lots of different things, but it either breaks the possibility to run Microsoft Update, install / update DirectX Runtimes, install .NET Framework 2.0 + 3.0 or we aren't able to get World of Warcraft and it's downloader up and running at all, so obviously I keep removing things that I shouldn't remove!

So it's all about:

- Network speed and stability over 2x Marvell LAN port aggregation

- VMWare (with FreeNas image) compatible

- Teamviewer (Remote desktop application) compatibility (for remote troubleshooting etc..)

- .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0 is required

- Able to play multiply World of Warcraft accounts

- Update DirectX

Other than that we just want the operating system to be as efficient as possible, using as little system resources as possible!