Office 2010 Office Customization Tool (OCT)

r3loaded

Hey guys, just downloaded the earlier than expected Office 2010 RTM off TechNet. I wanted to create an unattended MSP file for silently installing Office onto all 6 computers in the house, but to my dismay, running setup /admin gave me the following error: "Files necessary to run the Office Customization Tool were not found. Run Setup from the installation point of a qualifying product". After a bit of googling, I've found out that unlike the beta, Microsoft have decided not to include the Admin directory in my copy of Office, meaning I can't create an unattended setup. While I still have a copy of the Admin directory from the beta, I don't think it would work correctly.

My question is this - where can I acquire the bunch of .opax and .opal files that reside in this directory for the Office 2010 RTM (for both 32-bit and 64-bit)? Thanks in advance for any help

The only versions capable of running OCT are Professional Plus and Enterprise volume license versions. MSDN downloads of PP seem to work fine, so I'm wondering if the Technet version is a retail version and not a VL version.

The only versions capable of running OCT are Professional Plus and Enterprise volume license versions. MSDN downloads of PP seem to work fine, so I'm wondering if the Technet version is a retail version and not a VL version.

It's ok, I've worked out how to perform automated installs using the Config.xml file. :)

It's ok, I've worked out how to perform automated installs using the Config.xml file. :)

mind sharing it ?

mind sharing it ?

you can use this post http://technet.microsoft.com/en-ca/library/cc179195%28office.14%29.aspx for your config.xml

in MSDN it's the retail Office Pro Plus and there is no admin folder.

Edited by hannubys

mind sharing it ?

you can use this post http://technet.microsoft.com/en-ca/library/cc179195%28office.14%29.aspx for your config.xml

in MSDN it's the retail Office Pro Plus and there is no admin folder.

I found the OCT tools on the Microsoft site:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=64b837b6-0aa0-4c07-bc34-bec3990a7956