Need help banning from a website

I am admin on a website using a cpanel. It says linux as the operating system. I am attaching/linking a snapshot from the cpanel. If you need more info, I have access to the cpanel as admin.

NOW, here is the problem. We have a chat on our website. There is a guy who keeps making usernames like Mighty_Whitey and posting vulgar racial slurs and threatening other users/staff. We have banned his IP so many times, but he just gets a new IP and comes right back with a new IP and ID.

Is there anyway to ban the hostname where his IP leads? I have done a ip lookup and his hostname never changes, just his IP address.

Any help would be greatly appreciated to permaban this excuse for a human being.

Thanks!

post-16202-127198399202_thumb.jpg

Edited by Access Denied

cPanel implies phpBB type forums. If you know what type of software is installed on the forum (and as a staff member you should) and your fellow admins won't help, you likely should post this request on the relevant support forum or read the online documentation for it.

• 1 month later...

Check for his dynamic IP changes history and ban the whole range of IP addresses.

In this way, you will probably ban potential innocent visitor, but you will get rid of this problematic user.