Need Suggestion or advice about upgrading

Semangka

Iam currently running a 500GB 7200.11 HDD Seagate SATA on a Gigabyte M720-US3 Mainboard now.

I am needing a larger space, and planning to do an upgrade to 2x500GB HDD (+1 x 500GB). In addition for the upgrade, i want to setup a RAID0 system.

My Question is :

1. What Brand is suitable for me? Since I prefer a WD Blue 500GB. is it match smoothly? Or I just buy a similar 500GB Seagate?

2. What OS do you suggest best for my mainboard? since i maybe need to reinstall OS for RAID system. My OS Currently is Vista x86. Is this a good time for upgrading/purchase Win 7 already (Of course for RAID System stability)? Or i just install my current OS back?

Thanks for the advice,

Regards,

Semangka

Edited by Semangka

Hmm, interesting topic. I've found out and already know this matter before, since i have been working in a computer store for 2 years until now. It is indeed that complaints from our costumers that have been bought Seagate hard disks is many, compared to Western Digitals.

My boss said that many defective seagate hdds are produced back (marked as green label HDD/certified repaired HDD) and to be sell again by dealers with no reduced price. Even my customers is complaining back to me about this matter, i only can explain about his product is still has warranty on it after being repaired.

So I'll go with Western Digital Harddisk 500GB.

And if i'm purchase a 500GB WD, and setup a RAID system, is there any chance that i will getting errors later? or any of you guys have seen errors with Seagate+WD (RAID0)? My Seagate HDD is working fine for me now.

Any advice ? thanks