setup file name changes and switches

goatfuzz

I've looked but haven't found an answer that seems to fit my question -please forgive me if this is a simple thing I should know. I'm very new to doing this silent install/unattended cd stuff and really don't understand a lot of it.

If I have a file named xyzsetup.exe and i change the name to printer1.setup to help me identify it better for my own purposes, will the silent install switches like /s, /q, etc. still work correctly when trying to install the programs?

Thanks for any help!!

Yes, in 95% of cases the switches will still work correctly even after you change the filename.exe

I think some InstallShield compiled applications actually require you to use their "Setup.exe" to start the MSI file, but those apps are getting few and far between, post back if you run into any troubles.

Yes, in 95% of cases the switches will still work correctly even after you change the filename.exe

I think some InstallShield compiled applications actually require you to use their "Setup.exe" to start the MSI file, but those apps are getting few and far between, post back if you run into any troubles.

Thanks MrJinje, I really appreciate the help. I was hoping that was the case, but ya never know. I'll push on with what I'm trying to do and see if I can get it working.

Thanks again!!