Vista WAIK vs 7 WAIK

The Orange Pigeon

From what I have gathered, vLite and this guide require the use of the Vista WAIK and will fail if the 7 WAIK is installed. Why is this? It seems odd to me to use the older version instead of the one intended for Win 7. I've been working with the Rocker's Team 7lite which is saying it requires the WAIK for win 7. I've been trying it with the Vista and it hasn't been nice to me. It completes the process but then it doesn't install.

Guest koman90

From what I have gathered, vLite and this guide require the use of the Vista WAIK and will fail if the 7 WAIK is installed. Why is this? It seems odd to me to use the older version instead of the one intended for Win 7. I've been working with the Rocker's Team 7lite which is saying it requires the WAIK for win 7. I've been trying it with the Vista and it hasn't been nice to me. It completes the process but then it doesn't install.

vLite was really made for vista, and honestly isn't made to integrate sp2 but people do it anyway. If you want to integrate, slipstream, and customize just like you would wit vLite with windows 7 I would recommend trying Rt7lite at www.rt7lite.com. However this product requires No UAC interruption so i would either turn of the uac completely before using it each time, or enable the built-in administrator account each time you go to use it.

vLite was really made for vista, and honestly isn't made to integrate sp2 but people do it anyway. If you want to integrate, slipstream, and customize just like you would wit vLite with windows 7 I would recommend trying Rt7lite at www.rt7lite.com. However this product requires No UAC interruption so i would either turn of the uac completely before using it each time, or enable the built-in administrator account each time you go to use it.

I'm not trying to be rude, I know your trying to help, but thats not really what I was asking. In fact, I have that same link for rt7 lite in my original post. The problem is that after using rt7 it isnt installing (although I think I found what was causing it, juust having had time to test yet) and the overall size after running rt7lite is still significantly large than after vlite, meaning it cant take out as much stuff yet.