Finding the differences in the Registry

Hi everyone !

I'm looking for a tool that can find the last changes in the registry.

You know, maybe a software that saves all the registry. And then later can compare the actual registry with the saved one in order to find the difference.

I wanna use it to find where windows hide things :D

Thanks a lot !

I have got an other question !

When you add some themes in your Unattended, how can you set one you integrated to be the default theme of windows ?

Thanks a lot !

Have a nice day :D

For this purpose, I always use RegShot. It scans the registry, then you can make your changes manually, make a second "short", and compare the two. But even then, you can get any number of results, from a single change to hundreds of them. It still is manual work to find the right keys/values.

I am not sure if there is a tool that would detect "last" changes by itself; what point it time would it choose as reference?

I have no experience with InstallWatch, it would be interesting to see how intelligent it is in mapping a change to the application installation reliably.

For this purpose, I always use RegShot. It scans the registry, then you can make your changes manually, make a second "short", and compare the two. But even then, you can get any number of results, from a single change to hundreds of them. It still is manual work to find the right keys/values.

I am not sure if there is a tool that would detect "last" changes by itself; what point it time would it choose as reference?

I have no experience with InstallWatch, it would be interesting to see how intelligent it is in mapping a change to the application installation reliably.

Exactly what InstallWatch does

2va1ht1.png

I use RegShot on my XP x64 system and it is very useful. Take a shot, then make a change and take a second shot. The program then compares the two and creates .reg files to Do and Redo. This site says it is compatible with W7. Enjoy, John.

I use RegShot on my XP x64 system and it is very useful. Take a shot, then make a change and take a second shot. The program then compares the two and creates .reg files to Do and Redo. This site says it is compatible with W7. Enjoy, John.

Thanks johnhc

"Regshot" is usefull with a 32 bits Windows version and "InstallWatch Pro" is usefull for All Windows

Regards. :rolleyes:

Edited by myselfidem