Skeetabyte

RaGhul

I had no idea Starbucks in Canada were like McDonald's in Russia! Dude!

Never been to Russia, so no idea. But it's jam packed with university students. In fact, sometimes I almost wish for double price coffee, so there would be place to sit down for sure :lol: I'd sure love to visit a Starbucks that looks like this though.

Do either of you have your own websites?

I don't have anything special to talk about so I don't have a personal website. There's well over 100 million blogs out there, so I don't think starting yet another one is going to really change anything. I think it would mainly be a drag (a commitment to write something worthwhile regularly). Definitely not my bag.

@CoffeeFiend

That DOES look like a cool Starbucks. I love looking up pics of American brands in foreign countries, too. A Navy friend of my sister sent her a gift package for Christmas. We were about to eat the Snickers bars when I noticed they had Arabic written on them!!

@cluberti

Yes, I do.

THAT'S specific! What's the name? You got any websites besides cluberti.com? How much traffic do you get?

cluberti.com is the only one I work on personally - I do a lot of web dev for others, but I don't go posting my client list. One, my employer would probably not appreciate it, and two, it's really not relevant.

I'm not getting jack-squat for hits. Any ideas?

It depends on how you connect to your community. I have a website that was Transformers related and I integrated with that community. This was able to "Get the word out" in a way that plain old search results wouldn't do. I do not know how many hits I get because I haven't had stats on my website for a few years now. In fact, my current website is out of date and was only re-uploaded for the use of people in the Transformers community. I think my glory days are behind me. My best was I got 1 million hits in October 2005 and since then I wasn't really concerned about hits anymore. :angel

Just like I said before. You're competing with over 100 million oher blogs (many of which are tech-oriented; and a new one is created every half-second or so) so your site is mostly lost in a sea of other blogs. You're also competing with dozens of well established "techy" sites (anandtech, gizmodo, engadget, etc) that have strong financial backing and a large full-time staff (and contacts with manufacturers, etc), and news aggregators too (reddit, digg, slashdot, etc).

Good luck. And yes, this is exactly why I don't have a site.

Just like I said before. You're competing with over 100 million oher blogs (many of which are tech-oriented; and a new one is created every half-second or so) so your site is mostly lost in a sea of other blogs. You're also competing with dozens of well established "techy" sites (anandtech, gizmodo, engadget, etc) that have strong financial backing and a large full-time staff (and contacts with manufacturers, etc), and news aggregators too (reddit, digg, slashdot, etc).

Good luck. And yes, this is exactly why I don't have a site.

You should make a website about Coffee. I imagine much less competition! :lol:

You should make a website about Coffee. I imagine much less competition! :lol:

You'd be surprised... There's a few pretty good sites out there, and there's only so much to say about that besides [fairly subjective] equipment reviews. I'll just stick to drinking the stuff :yes:

• 5 months later...

Hi, all!

I just started a new website this week, and would REALLY appreciate ANY comments and thoughts from all of you.

It's been a while since I've posted here, but I know all of you are an extremely talented and intelligent group of people, and I would truly value your opinions! Also, I may be looking for article contributors.

;)

Here's the site:

http://skeetabyte.com

Thx!!

Firefox can't fire-through tonight. Your blog isn't coming-up!