foxit 3.2 wont install

acana007

ok so i followed the guide and i'm in a rut hehe

so i go to install foxit 3.2 silently it trys to load but it can't find it in C:\install\FoxitReader\foxit.msi

attached is my copy of regonceex.cmd

btw i have no winnt.sif file

you have different folder name in runonceex.cmd

Install\FoxitReader3_2\Foxit.msi

sorry i miss-typed here is the actual path C:\XP_unattended_W-programs\$OEM$\$1\Install\FoxitReader3_2\Foxit.msi

and when i try the install is says cannot find path c:\install\foxitreader3_2\

Edited by acana007

?

If this is an Unattended Install, I believe (not sure) that it's always going to be relative to the ROOT folder (c:/yada-ROOT-withOsTags/otherFoldersAndFiles). If that's the case, best to create an ISO Image of everything in the ROOT folder and up (but not the root-folder itself, only the CONTENTS). I don't think (again, unsure) that an Unattended will work in the fashion you're trying (IF an Unattended, which it definitely sounds like).

note - someone else more knowledgeable may be able to expand/correct this post information.

Edited by submix8c

• 4 months later...

put in the a folder with short path, 'C:\XP_unattended_W-programs\$OEM$\$1\Install\FoxitReader3_2\ Foxit.msi

' this is too long.

no thats wasn't the problem i have fixed it now. stupid me i misstyped the .cmd file so it was looking for something that wasn't there

• 2 weeks later...

put in the a folder with short path, 'C:\XP_unattended_W-programs\$OEM$\$1\Install\FoxitReader3_2\ Foxit.msi

' this is too long.

no thats wasn't the problem i have fixed it now. stupid me i misstyped the .cmd file so it was looking for something that wasn't there

great. :yes: