how to find reg. key from registry editor.

cyber77

how to find the key from registry editior.. suppose i have a software like total video converter, power iso etc. its all have to insert serial key. but i want to make them as silent install so i find to reg. key from registry editor. so how to find?for find the registry i use software name is "Registry Crawler" its shows many keys but i dont know which file i want to export.thnks.

I don't know if that will help you but could use procmon.exe from sysinsternals to monitor the reg entries modified/accessed when installing the registration key. It should point out the right registry entries to backup.

Or you could use regshot and take a snapshot before and after registering and then compare the difference.

Edited by allen2

how to find the key from registry editior.. suppose i have a software like total video converter, power iso etc. its all have to insert serial key. but i want to make them as silent install so i find to reg. key from registry editor. so how to find?for find the registry i use software name is "Registry Crawler" its shows many keys but i dont know which file i want to export.thnks.

Best program to use is installwatch pro it is free InstallWatch 2.5you can take snapshot before and after install it can export registry entries changes made.

• 2 weeks later...

Look at the regedit.exe HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE or HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software. There you should, finding data on the software you seek to export the registry information. After finding the information you want right click and go to export option. If more than one key that you wish to export, export after the merge the information using notepad.

PS: Sorry my english, I'm using Google translator

You can use Regshot_Unicode . It takes a snapshot of the registry before you install software. And it also takes a snapshot after the software is installed. You can then compare the results. It will tell you exactly what registry key was changed or added. It will also Save the changed key for you as a "*.reg" file. Very convenient.

It also supports many languages..

Chris

Edited by chrisoborski

You can use Regshot_Unicode . It takes a snapshot of the registry before you install software. And it also takes a snapshot after the software is installed. You can then compare the results. It will tell you exactly what registry key was changed or added. It will also Save the changed key for you as a "*.reg" file. Very convenient.

It also supports many languages..

Chris

thnks chris this is very helpful to me.

• 2 weeks later...

How to make the portable application runs with the user registry.key file information upon start up .. i tried putting the .reg file together in sfx archieve but program start up still requires me to register with name & serial

Any commands need to add while creating the sfx archieve? Please advise. Thanks ahead =)

BTW i'm using WinRar

Edited by zavana

I'm not really sure what you're asking. Why would you want to delete a serial number you wanted to add?

I mean using the portable application without writing anything outside. similarly like running the application from usb drive on workplace computer & can exit the program without leaving any traces on the computer.

Edited by zavana

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

All kinds of software doesn't save their serial in registry. It may located as .dat file in installation folder. Just replacing this .dat file may solve the problem.