Portable Windows 7 build from Winpe 3.0

Kullenen_Ask

JAR7mq.png

I am sharing my file list for extreme removal. You can add "copy" lines and make a batch file and easly create your own file list to build PE. (Change your language with tr-TR). You can build your WinPE with WinPeSE and extreme remove unneeded files.

Wireless icon needs some more files (Shouldn't be more then a few)
Search function can be need one or two file (Searches only in start menu and shows wrong result. mssvp.dll or prn001f.dll something like that files maybe need.)
There are all files needed to login as Administrator.
There are extra 5mb files for my extra programs. You can remove them.
%70 control panel works.
Supports x86 programs.

You can delete dism folder to save space.
Smaller then nanoserver.
It is x64 10586 Windows 10 PE with 296Mb boot.wim size.

File_List.txt

Edited by Kullenen_Ask

• 1 year later...

For to make a winpe i have captured some settings thats need to be changed. You can make your winpe easly by your hands without need third party software. I will not explain as easy as novice can understand but expert users can understand and apply easly.

First need to take a booting winpe from boot.wim index 1 or 2

Need to take DEFAULT,SOFTWARE,SYSTEM,NTUSER.DAT registry hives from install.wim of install DVD

Need to change all C:\ D:\ or etc. values to X:\ values in this hives with 3rd party tools. (I will not give name, The authors of such tools exist around) I prefer to use INFTOREG.EXE. I do not think you can find it around.

Mount this hives to your registry and make this changes. (not all of them is a must. there are some tweaks of me)

new.reg

changed.reg

deleted.reg

Now copy this hiv files to corresponding winpe folders (x:\windows\system32\config and x:\users\default)

When winpe boots it looks

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM_00\Setup]
"CmdLine"="Pecmd.exe Main %Windir%\\system32\\Pecmd.ini"

key. Write in here which shell you want to run forexample winpeshl.exe. i strongly advise you to use pecmd.exe and it's configuration txt file pecmd.ini. my sample pecmd.ini

Pecmd.ini

LOGS *X:\PECMD.LOG
EXEC !winpeshl.exe
//INIT IU
LOGO %SystemRoot%\Web\Wallpaper\Windows\img0.jpg
FONT %SystemRoot%\Fonts,0
TEAM DISP W1024 H768 B32|DISP W1366 H768 B32|DISP W1208 H960 B32|DISP W1440 H900 B32|DISP W1600 H900 B32|DISP W1920 H1080 B32|NUMK 0
SHEL %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe

Now also needs to copy some inf,drivers,exe,dll files from windows install.wim to you winpe directories. I will not give you a file list.

This settings for Version="10.0.15063.0" Can be changed in other builds or Windows

If you are building Windows 10 you will need a start menu alternative you can copy startisback folder to program files folder and add this registry to your winpe

startisback.reg

Dont forget to keep WindowsTrustedRT.sys driver in drivers folder. I have not disabled its service (normally i do). Probably you will have missing error if you forget.

Files are inside attachment

winpe.rar