Portable Windows 7 build from Winpe 3.0

Kullenen_Ask

i don't use winbuilder, thats why i moved topic from there to here. i manually modify everything. Are you sure there are such scripts exist? If you have them what you need else to work in a winpe :) I read winbuilder topics too. I will be happy to help all developers but i don't know legal issues about what can be shared. A registry hive will be legal to distribute? (should be legal because same as to share a reg file too,they are same.) You can find file list from optimize.txt in this topic. It is the most suitable and small file list i had ever. Everything changes with what the user wants to work. %99 modified hives coming. better you wait a few days. i am working on it now. Also will be english. Good for users, bad for me. I need to modify again for my language. I just tested it looks working with all windows. wowww devices and printers working. screenshot coming. i can see pictures at desktop wallpaper change (not seen in photo) but it doesn't change yet. working on .net framework probably will get it work (i think so). network center not works yet with current build (not automatically connect need to solve) build from tiny 7

th_WindowsVista-2010-04-22-17-00-18.png

Edited by Kullenen_Ask

Registry files are fine to redist. Not too certain about entire hives, such as SYSTEM or SAM. Best to provide scripts that add and remove the keys to the registry if there are so many changes you'd start thinking about redisting the entire hive. As it is known, no single file that gets installed by the OS can be redist, but you can redist .reg files.

hi Kullenen_Ask,

WBZipMgr

http://www.paraglidernc.com/winbuilder/Utilities/utilities.htm

works on XP, but I requires .net (I have 3.5 on my hostos) to be installed. (I use it on xp)

ps: when i post wbzipmgr here, webpage was not ready.

if you are familiar with batches ,

unwbzip is great too and does not need .net framework ;)

get latest unwbzip from post 15 http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=10783

Maybe helps:

There are positive results saying Joakim's LODR-U

http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8329

of .net working when RC7100 used as source.

(ps: do not worry, LODR-U is not a script and no relation to winbuilder, it is shortly portable form of .net)

as i wrote before, .reg files and file lists are the universal source of information. Can be converted to anything in anyform.

Keep the good work. :thumbup

Edited by Lancelot_Real

thx for information. i need that script extractor much. 1.0.0.3 doesnt work in my xp. i have .net 2.0 need 3.5? i checked the .net plugin too but it looks like useless for me. if i can collect the infromation about .net will tell here. (i can forget what i did sometimes). 7100 died and we need a rtm solution. want get it work without assembly folder need (if it is possible). i think i will change sidebyside configurations (i didnt want it ever but looks a need. don't want to loose serviceability as winpe) i don't understand from .net any so that is the most difficult thing for me. don't wait a small wim if want .net

Edited by Kullenen_Ask

Hello Kullenen_Ask ;)

Can i create a Winbuilder project with your settings (Directory, files list and registry setting) ?

Thank for your work :w00t:

It's very good work :yes:

P.S : If you want, i have Windows Player 12, Sidebar and Windows Photo viewer, DotNet 2.0, IE8 winbuilder script... for you. :thumbup

yes of course. but please give credits about my works too. i spend lots of time. if you create please share with me too :thumbup want test and and give my opinions and fix solutions. i cant write a script (don't want) but i am good at modifications (also winbuilder)

i want to call this project as Port7PE and for the people who accuse me not to share anything here is the all registry settings for to build this system until i make a better one. All setting for english localized. Please comment mistakes or suggestions. It is not a hive or a executable. Only a reg file with all hives setting (Thanks to experience that he put such a good option to take all registry backup on desktop) Will not be a illegal stuff or everything in all internet is illegal :) Compressed 2.5mb but uncompressed 57mb big reg file. Advanced users can convert them to hive files easly.

and the first winpe that support .net framework. i didnt use and looked the plugin advised me previous posts. did my own. need small programs to test if it works.

th_WindowsVista-2010-04-23-15-10-12.png

th_WindowsVista-2010-04-23-15-10-33.png

eventviewer opens but not show logs yet

For .Net Framework (also for lots of other things) need add this registry entries, copy that folders to winsxs, copy related filemaps and manifest (not much i think you can find from their names). For 2.0 vc80 will be enough, for 3.0 need vc90 ones. i put here all regs. You need .Net folders and assembly folder(not sure) too of course.If doesn't work read my previous posts about .net support #10. This should also give needed visual c support. optimizations not works effective after wim size gets bigger. I could optimize and 630mb decreased to 550mb. 80mb assembly folder not bad. All mmc loads (Not means all works flawless). Will return to Turkish environment again. It will give me more experience about optimization and test if my finding are true and redone.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide\Winners\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_none_bcc8f3fc9457ed28]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide\Winners\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_none_bcc8f3fc9457ed28\8.0]
"8.0.50727.4927"=hex:01
@="8.0.50727.4927"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide\Winners\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_none_bcc8f3fc9457ed28]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide\Winners\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_none_bcc8f3fc9457ed28\8.0]
@="8.0.50727.4927"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide\Winners\x86_policy.8.0.microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_none_e8a8ec119a3821e7]
@="8.0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide\Winners\x86_policy.8.0.microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_none_e8a8ec119a3821e7\8.0]
@="8.0.50727.4927"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide\Winners\x86_policy.8.0.microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_none_e8a8ec119a3821e7]
@="8.0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide\Winners\x86_policy.8.0.microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_none_e8a8ec119a3821e7\8.0]
@="8.0.50727.4927"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide\Winners\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_none_ea33c8f0b247cd77]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide\Winners\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_none_ea33c8f0b247cd77\9.0]
"9.0.30729.4926"=hex:01
@="9.0.30729.4926"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide\Winners\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_none_ea33c8f0b247cd77]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide\Winners\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_none_ea33c8f0b247cd77\9.0]
@="9.0.30729.4926"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide\Winners\x86_policy.9.0.microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_none_02d0010672fd8219]
@="9.0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide\Winners\x86_policy.9.0.microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_none_02d0010672fd8219\9.0]
@="9.0.30729.4926"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide\Winners\x86_policy.9.0.microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_none_02d0010672fd8219]
@="9.0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide\Winners\x86_policy.9.0.microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_none_02d0010672fd8219\9.0]
@="9.0.30729.4926"

want to make a milestone build. with .net all services and 350mb wim offfff. need fit .net to 50mb. win7 without winsxs folder and a user that has system account rigts(has right to do everything to delete anything) is my dream operating system. why they dont make such a good stuff :( And here my nightly build for people don't believe it can be. 350mb wim size. it needs small fixes after i return to turkish again. couldn't add registry keys. half of them missing but it works. More options will add only registry improvement. At this state there is more then you can imagine in it in this wim size. .Net integrated but slimmed down a little.I don't know how much i could but depended feautures and service works. Nearly all drivers and more in it. desktop colour can change from control panel but not yet photos.

th_WindowsVista-2010-04-26-03-21-49.png

th_adsz.png

Edited by Kullenen_Ask

win7 without winsxs folder and a user that has system account rigts(has right to do everything to delete anything) is my dream operating system. why they dont make such a good stuff :(

If you run win7 on fat32, then no built in access control lists.

The way I know to do this, is to:

- boot from another win OS

- take ownership of all files (make sure apply to all subdirectories, and override any special permissions)

- use supercopier or terracopy to copy all files off partition (with exception of junctions that i think are of little importance)

- format partition fat32

- put files back

- fix the boot sector with bootsect.exe

limiting factor for fat32 is number of objects in a directory: problem with winsxs crap, but probably not for your small OS.

Edited by mraeryceos

win7 without winsxs folder and a user that has system account rigts(has right to do everything to delete anything) is my dream operating system. why they dont make such a good stuff :(

- take ownership of all files (make sure apply to all subdirectories, and override any special permissions)

- use supercopier or terracopy to copy all files off partition (with exception of junctions that i think are of little importance)

- format partition fat32

- put files back

limiting factor for fat32 is number of objects in a directory: problem with winsxs crap, but probably not for your small OS.

i talk about windows 7. did you try this? is it works? or you talk about theorically. doesn't registry ownerships effect?

How to make a portable windows 7

I had an idea after some experiences. want to share here.

1-)Create a win7pe environment with explorer enabled. (can be with winbuilder or make_pe3)

2-)Find or make a vlited one cd size windows 7 setup.

3-)Copy all the files from vlited environment to win7pe environment. (without overrite anything). Now you will have a cd size big win7pe.

4-)Clean that win7pe from loaders and autostart stuff. (there should be only explorer.exe in winpeshl.ini)

Until here it should be easy difficult part comes now about registry settings. You should combine my settings registry to your win7pe. Post #36 Full_registry_backup.reg

5-)To change all your registry hives you should be system account i think. One idea from me boot pc with win7pe (not with we done previously (if it works yet you can), with untouched working win7pe) Seperate HKLM\Software and HKLM\System ones to seperate reg files from my reg. Because of win7pe user is system maybe you can import all to your win7pe. After backup your config folder (X:\windows\system32\config). And use that hives in your portable7

6-)If you are lucky it should boot.

If it is, only thing you should need to have a all windows is to add software\microsoft\sidebyside key from install wim. Open with a registry editor both hives. Copy win7pe winners to over install.wim winners. Then backup install.wim winners and change with win7pe winners.

I didn't test it but teorically should work. My system nearly same. there should be genius and clever people out there. If anybody succed i want to congragulate him :) It is more easy then the way i had mixing onebyone every reg key. In previous posts we try to have every feature adding files and registry onebyone this is viceversa of it. having everything and after removing. You can remove and get it smaller. In every way you will need lots of ram.

Edited by Kullenen_Ask

- format partition fat32

- put files back

i talk about windows 7. did you try this? is it works? or you talk about theorically. doesn't registry ownerships effect?

Yes, I have windows 7 running on fat32. Works. All files, including registry hive files copied fine, after granting *Everyone* full permission to all files on drive. Perhaps I did this before booting to other OS. Perhaps I used terrible bloatware "Security Explorer". Or by right clicking folder in XP (on the win7 files), security, advanced, remove all nonsense, add Everyone and propagate to subfolders. Or by cacls.

As for the ownership of the individual registry keys, I never even thought about it.

Edited by mraeryceos

New build coming with sidebar and mediaplayer(not works it says sound problem but it opens). will edit this post later.

Want to make a need to keep important files section. Will give only name by name important files i suggest to keep.

KEEP:

searchfolder.dll (i thought need only for windows search that i don't want in my build but need for select change desktop wallpaper select)

wmp.dll and wmploc.dll (big dll files but need for any mediaplayer if you can get them work or want muiltimedia support :( )

thanks for ludovici that i found missing registry entries for sidebar from vistape Feature.script. maybe can solve audio and mediaplayer from other scripts. For readers i suggest his winbuilder site and plugins.

Group Policy editor works. How can i backup settings if i set from local policy editor for a winpe enviroment? Need backup registries or as admx file? Need info or link to read

Edited by Kullenen_Ask

Hello Kullenen_Ask :hello:

On your picture theme service run correctly on Win7PE, yes or not ? And how ?

th_adsz.png

For audio service, check the audioV3_deramod.script from boot-land

Have you resolve the DotNet service and SideBySide feature form Install.wim ?

If yes, can you share your experience, Thanks for your good work :thumbup

i get work nearly all services. maybe 15 or less left. themes only seen if you log off and login as administrator. i see that it boot with theme support at boot there is themes enabled until widows is customizing screen but when it logs on as system theme support gone. i am working on sounds now. i pulled enum\sw settings from your script. and added inf and sys files from audio script. sound drivers installs ok. creative, usb, stream proxy, stream quality manager,stream time proxy,stream T/receiver-to receiver. but it freeze when install driver sometimes. there is no drmaud service in win7. for sound support does it need to add it to services? i had research in your scripts. there are strange stuff, do you mix vista and win7 scripts? are there such manifests and winsxs folders in win7? want to share my experience that i had only add vc80 and vc90 sidebyside keys but i have seen it can use winsxs files and folders that doesn't exist sidebyside registry. i have seen it after i optimize. if it can use i don't want to add more to sidebyside if doesnt really need. all .net services works as service but i try to run a .net software from microsoft it is name is "fixit" for to solve windows 7 update and configuration problems. it is compressed soft and opens itself to temp folder and there is a autorun file in it and it gives an error and says a command line to run it autorun .. /manifest something like that. i have seen services and mmc snapins can work without need assembly\nativeimages folder. i kept only a few small folders in it for to keep it small. for full .net support need keep all i think. where did you find localized files? MFC90RUS.DLL? my autorun is error is same thing with this?

You must have a script call "Standard-5-SideBySide.script" or "5 - VC++ 2008", you must select this script for DotNet working

On Win7PE, you have SideBySide, but error to execute the autorun, check this post ERROR

it doesnt find and load audio drivers at boot. they can manually load from device manager but it takes long time. is there any way to find wpeutil and load them at boot?

How to check if .net running or not? if services running

Ludo did you ever can hear sound with this plugin on win7 ever?

Edited by Kullenen_Ask

If you find an easy way, without adding a bunch of stuff to PE, to get audio working, let me know. I've been getting requests lately to put a sound in one of my PEs, specifically the Atomic Bomb.

As far as DRM, I think that is handled by Windows Media Player.

.NET isn't a service I do not think. Some DLLs might need to be registered.

I had tried in the past to get either Audio or Video drivers to attach properly in WinPE. The problem I observed was that while I could put the driver in the WIM, after it boots it still would use the generic one that is built in.

@ludo

@Kullenen_Ask

Do you have a list of the extra files and registry settings of Windows 7,

needed to add audio support to Make_PE3 ?

Edited by wimb