Convert .AVI videos for iPhone

Nerwin

I been trying for days to convert some AVI files so I can play them on the iPhone. But nothing has worked so far. Some AVI files that I converted a few months ago appear went on the phone and work, but now when I use the same program, Videora, it doesn't work.

So, I decided to try other programs such as handbreak, winff, and a few others out there. I'm going to try using Media Coder.

I've talk to people who have some of these programs and a iPhone 3g and I set up their setting just like mine and it doesn't work, I can play them in quicktime too, but it wont work for the iPhone.

When I drag and drop onto the phone, it just says that it cannot be played on this device. I get that every single time, no matter what I do, and it's just getting to be a pain in the butt, Other people who I know that have an iPhone, has never ever had that program.

I don't get how it could be me that is doing something wrong, because I haven't changed anything since then. I don't know what is going on.

I hope someone can help me here, please. Thanks.

Edited by Nerwin

• 3 weeks later...

I've been successful using Handbrake with DVD Shrink... what I normally do is use DVD Shrink to copy all the contents from a DVD disc then convert it to an iPhone/iPod compatible movie file... been successful 100%.

Edited by borgylicious