multiple windows-installations on one USB-drive?

Hi,

I'm not exactly sure where to post this as it's about both XP, Vista and 7, but here goes...

I change windowses very often, and have a somewhat limited stock on both CDs, DVDs and USB-memsticks, so I'm wondering if theres a way to put the installations to XP, Vista and 7 on one USB-stick?

Hi,

I'm not exactly sure where to post this as it's about both XP, Vista and 7, but here goes...

I change windowses very often, and have a somewhat limited stock on both CDs, DVDs and USB-memsticks, so I'm wondering if theres a way to put the installations to XP, Vista and 7 on one USB-stick?

Well, if instead of in "Unattended Windows 7/Server 2008R2", you had looked in "Install Windows from USB", you would have ALREADY the answers ;):

http://www.msfn.org/board/install-windows-f157.html

jaclaz

jaclaz, sorry to be dense, but would you mind pointing to a more specific thread? If I understood the OP, he wants to put all the install files for XP, Vista and 7 on ONE USB-stick simultaneously, and then have some kind of boot menu to choose which one he wanted to do. This thread's title - Install Windows from ISO after booting to WinPE 3.0 from USB HDD Installation of Wndows XP, Vista, 7, Server 2003/2008 from same drive seemed real promising, but unless I missed something, all the discussion is about adding the XP ISO. I very well realize that this is not a task for beginners and much reading should be done before attempting, such as:

but is there a thread somewhere where someone has already done exactly what the OP asked about and has graciously put together a step by step how-to for others to follow, hopefully utilizing Driver Packs to make it more "universal"? Thanks for your willingness to advise us newbies.

Cheers and Regards

jaclaz, sorry to be dense, but would you mind pointing to a more specific thread?

There are not that much stickies in that Forum, among which there is one, fairly popular, that got 1,082,878 views ;):

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=120444

Here comes the first GUI for our little project.

What it can be used for adding to your USB stick/disk:

- multiple Windows XP/2kX sources in the same partition .....

- BartPE/WinBulder/UBCD4Win/WinFLPC (NOT ramdisk versions ) to any primary partition. Multiple BartPE for example, in the SAME partition are NOT supported. Neither is the mix of them on a single partition.

- Vista/Windows 7/Server 2008 setup to different primary partitions. Multiple Vista sources in the SAME partition are NOT supported. Place your second Vista/7/Server 2008 setup in another partition. It can be placed on any primary partition.

Which sums up to:

You can have as many 2K/XP/2003 as you wish (ok, up to 10 or 99 depending on the version :angel ) + up to three different versions of BartPE/WinBulder/UBCD4Win/WinFLPC or Vista/Windows 7/Server 2008 setup - (this limit is given by the number of primary partitions you can have on any HD like device, 4 ) FULLY AUTOMATED.

And which answers quite nicely to the OP question:

XP+Vista+7

The thread you reference:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=139654

has a different approach, as well as this one:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=121446

in both the approach is to first boot in a PE (Pre-installation Environment) and from it install as many OS as you wish (NO limits if not size of the device)

Though number of views are usually a meaningless metrics, it is likely that the most viewed threads are those that you should read (ora at least skim through) first. :)

jaclaz

Actually didn't notice that forum... feeling really stupid now :whistle:

Anyways, thanks for the pointers o(^_^)o

No prob, it can happen to everyone to overlook something. You're welcome. :)

jaclaz