How about fdv fileset for windows 2003 server ?

nh_wzg

Just like fileset for windows 2000 pro /XP , any cludes about windows 2003 server?

I could find several topics in the search result in MSFN_HFSLIP,but could not get in again.

I actually do have a little something, but it leaves a lot in, because I like a middle ground (lots of functionality). The best thing to do might be for me to put up some basic files and let you guys go from there. I'll get back to you on this.

Windows Server 2003

Notes: feel free to do your own editing. If filecopy says that there is a file missing, it is up to you to edit TXTSETUP and LAYOUT so that it's commented out. I made this set from files that I use and there is no guarantee that I didn't put a file in that I forgot to edit back out for this set.

To add or subtract components, use:

expand -r sysoc.in_

expand -r syssetup.in_

Make your edits to the INF files and save. When done,

del sysoc.in_

del syssetup.in_

makecab sysoc.inf

makecab syssetup.inf

Windows XP, updated

Notes: updated to 2010 timezones

Windows 2000, updated

Notes: updated to 2010 timezones

• 3 weeks later...

Not completely unrelated, since this is about 2003, is it possible to have

IE out and PowerShell in? In R2 possibly?

I will need to do more work on 2003 to offload IE from TXTSETUP and fully into IE.INF. I didn't get around to that. Same deal as my XP fileset. Send me an email tomorrow to remind me to update 2003. I have not yet compartmentalized IE yet but do have some other fixes.

How is powershell installed? INF? Need more detail.

2003 Server fileset updated.

You have to figure out where you want to go with this, I guess.

It's a versatile OS; personally, its more useful to me with the maximum of stuff in it (except for true garbage like MS Outlook). Just to see where I could go with reducing based on what I know, I did a 275mb (see graphic). nLite ain't got nothin' on that -- believe it. But of what use it? That would make a great embedded music player for my car, maybe.

I expect to reduce 2003 further and make it more flexible by putting more files into components (for example, in TXTSETUP, all of the IE files would install in SYSTEM32 because they have = 1,,,,,,,2,0,0 after their filenames. If you switch this to = 1,,,,,,,,3,3 and call the files from the separate IE.INF, then IE has become componentized -- it only installs if IE.INF is called by SYSSETUP. I did this for my XP fileset -- look at TXTSETUP and LAYOUT).

Anyway, expect periodic updates.

I feel like addressing a topic from another thread: 99.9% of forum participants are gems. But if you act like an a** about what I choose to spend time on, you're not speeding things along any. I wouldn't drop what I was doing out of spite, but if you're tempted to get on my case about something -- fine, but a gentle tap on the shoulder goes way further than acting demanding.

post-24731-127231180931_thumb.jpg