Ghosting XP on different hardware without having errors

gendouhydeist

The problem, as I understand it, is trying to come up with a solution that is able to be put onto as many different types of computers as possible. Without this type of tool, ie sysprep in general, you can't just copy an image from a computer with one type of motherboard, BIOS, processor, etc. (ie HAL) to another and always have it work.

And, NO, I'm NOT promoting this to be used to make multiple installations off the same license illegally. I mean that the purpose of this, as I see it, is primarily for use in an enterprise environment with multiple computers from different manufacturers. Or you could make a backup of your installation and if your computer dies, not be constrained to only being able to put the image onto another very similar computer. I mean the old one broke, so you don't want to have to get another old one do you? You want a new one. I see both of these examples as legal and valid uses of this type of tool.

Cheers and Regards

This is because we have used SkyDriver that has many of drivers inside itself in 7zip format (the size of 7ziped drivers is 161 MB and extracted drivers are about 1.07 GB).
Much like a DriverPack would do. The intent (I seen this yesterday) is as stated in the previous post. If your personal intent is to simply Ghost your own single-PC installation, just set it up the way you want it and set up a "reload" image on DVD(s) using a bootable Ghost restore (plenty of info on that here on MSFN). Edited by submix8c

@bphlpt

if your going to use VLK well it wouldn't be illegal also according to EULA you can use same serial on 16 Computers on the same workstation... though i can't remember where I have read it..

@submix8c

anyway after repeated reading of that thread I have found a solution from my problem using offline sysprep by gallapo or Acronis Universal Restore... I haven't use this tool yet but gonna give it a try

http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=19397