Dolby 5.1 in WMP12 not working

Tripredacus

It occurred to me today that I never tested playing a DVD in my computer since upgrading to Windows 7 Pro x86. So I tried it out but I only got sound out of the subwoofer and the front speakers. Nothing out of the rears or center at all. It isn't a real big deal, since I have a PS3 I can watch DVDs on there instead, but it was annoying me that it wasn't working. Here are some details:

Soundcard: Creative SoundBlaster Audigy Gamer PCI

Drivers: SBAX_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0011

The first thing I noticed upon setup of 7 initially was that the Creative Audio Console did not allow me to control the surround sound like in XP. I had to use the Windows Sound Setup to select 5.1 speakers, and I DO get all the correct sounds out of the correct speakers when I run the test. As an example, Winamp plays music through all the channels but won't play a DVD.

I did a little research already, but mainly found beta or RC related topics. One option was to choose the "enhancements" option for WMP but this option is not present! Another was to download the shark's codecs but I don't want to do that. I've tried setting the Creative software to use CMSS 3D but that did not change anything.

Any other ideas?