Apple now worth more than Walmart

gosh

Wal-Mart has 3.81 billion shares outstanding, Apple at 900 million. So fluctuations of a dollar on the price of Wal-Marts stock will raise or lower the market cap 3.81 billion dollars. I like Enterprise Value (EV) as a better gauge, and Wal-Mart still has them by a good 20%.

"Enterprise value is calculated as market cap plus debt, minority interest and preferred shares, minus total cash and cash equivalents."

Edited by iamtheky

We spent a long time trying to decide where on Mazlow’s triangle this product would sit. Because we knew if we couldn’t be way up above the very top of that pyramid, floating above it, totally outside the needs it describes, then this wouldn’t be a product we wanted to make.

http://www.fakesteve.net/2010/04/an-open-letter-to-the-people-of-the-world.html

I'd laugh if it wasnt so sad.

steve_koolaid2.jpg

Wal-Mart has 3.81 billion shares outstanding, Apple at 900 million. So fluctuations of a dollar on the price of Wal-Marts stock will raise or lower the market cap 3.81 billion dollars. I like Enterprise Value (EV) as a better gauge, and Wal-Mart still has them by a good 20%.

"Enterprise value is calculated as market cap plus debt, minority interest and preferred shares, minus total cash and cash equivalents."

Youre missing my point. AAPL is waaaayyy overvalued, a bubble really. There's no way aapl is worth more than walmart, or oil companies. Think about it: IPODS are worth more than black gold? Oil is a nonrenewable resource, cant say the same about an iPad. There is a lot of competition. To use a book title, aapl is the "great short". I think ill short aapl july - for stocks like aapl you wait for the early adopters to buy, then short. After the fanboys are done buying iPads ill short this pig and make some $$$

• 3 weeks later...

The way you short a stock is you short AFTER the catalyst.

AAPL will release new iphones in june, and will also announce earnings which should be helped by early adopter ipad sales. So you short AFTER the new iphone and earnings release. Market will also start tanking in july so this will be good timing. So easy a caveman could do it.