and created d: with the full installation of win xp 990gb

my hard disk is very noisy . i think because window go for c:

i try to partition/combine

but the option is grey

help i don't need 2 partition

i only want 1 c:

how to do this

i think win xp is angry i don't want to use win 7

When booting from xp cd, select install (not repair) then (if you removed all needed data from C: and D: you want to backup) it will parhaps find an existing xp or windows install answer you don't you to repair then it should ask you on which partiton and were you want to install on this screen you can also remove partitions so go ahead with the remove of both and create a new one (if the drive for the new isn't C:, exit setup reboot on the CD and follow the same steps and now it should be ok) then select the C drive and format it when prompted then the install should work as usually.

allen2 has a good point, but let me ask: did you make an unattended installation with automated partition or you made your own partitions? Have you tried some software that will recreate the partitions? A backup of your files is recommended in any case.

Edit: in future posts please (according to forum rules) state your problem in the topic title so that you attract appropriate attention.

Edited by Sp0iLedBrAt

The C: is the leftover System partition from Win7. You need to FDISK or remove all partitions with the XP CD. However, just because your XP is in D: (or the second part) it shouldn't make your HDD louder or slower.