Unable to connect to Shares

Deploysrs

I have a Windows Server 2008 standard R2 running that is joined to my Domain. On that same server I have a few folders being shared. I just noticed today that I get this error when trying to connect ( \\192.168.1.167 is not accessiable.You must not have permission to use this network resource.Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain Failed.)

I heard that if I join the server to a WORKGROUP and then join it back to the domain that should fix the problem. But I was hoping if there is a better way so I don't have to re-create all my shares and permissions again.

If anyone could help please right back ASAP,

Thanks everyone..

Edited by Deploysrs

If it happens from all clients, then that would mean that the server has lost it's trust relationship, and you'll have to remove/re-add to the domain. What's probably worth looking into is WHY the server's trust was broken - did it not update with a DC for an extended period of time and have it's computer account tombstoned? Did someone create a new machine with the same name and add it to the domain, overwriting the server's computer account info (and thus invalidating it)? Etc...

If I'm not mistaken removing it from the domain won't delete the shares. I know for a fact it won't change the NTFS permissions and I'm pretty sure it won't change the share permissions either. So when you join it back to the domain the server should be able to resolve the SID information from domain accounts again.

Aside from that...yeah, you do need to figure out why the trust relationship broke in the first place.

If I'm not mistaken removing it from the domain won't delete the shares. I know for a fact it won't change the NTFS permissions and I'm pretty sure it won't change the share permissions either. So when you join it back to the domain the server should be able to resolve the SID information from domain accounts again.

Aside from that...yeah, you do need to figure out why the trust relationship broke in the first place.

I finally had to rebuild the server. After I posted for help the Server would not even allow the Domain admin to logon not even the local admin.But I would like to thank you for your post. It sounds like you were correct with losing the trust relationship with the Domain.I will start to look at why this happened in the first place so it won't happen again.

Thanks!!!!!!!!