Mouse problem

I have a problem ...I have to move the mouse a lot to move the a lot pointer a lot...This is very annoying.

i.e to move the pointer on screen a 4 inches across the screen i have to move the mouse about 2 inches.

i want to be able to move the mouse 2 cm and hve the mouse move 4 inches quickly.

i s there any software or registry method to get these options in windows server 2003?

It makes the pointer sluggish.I have looked at control panel but no mouse acceleration exists in mouse control panel.

(Pointer Acceleration. This option allows you to change the relationship between the distance that the mouse pointer moves on the screen and the relative movement of the physical device itself (which may be a mouse, trackball, or some other pointing device.)

A high value for the acceleration multiplier will lead to large movements of the mouse pointer on the screen, even when you only make a small movement with the physical device.

Tip

A multiplier between '1x' and '3x' will works well for many systems. With a multiplier over '3x' the mouse pointer may become difficult to control).

This option does not exist in Server 2003.

How can I solve this?

This option does not exist in Server 2003.

It does on mine :unsure:

yes,yes i have that too.that is NOT what i am talking about.....

i am talking about pointer acceleration and scale.

i want to move the mouse 2 or 3 cm and have the pointer move across the whole screen and not just 4 inches only....

i want to move the mouse 2 or 3 cm and have the pointer move across the whole screen and not just 4 inches only....

IIRC its all built into the one slider, when its set in the middle (point 6) there is zero acceleration and the more you move it right the more acceleration you get, the left ...less.

• 2 weeks later...

IIRC its all built into the one slider, when its set in the middle (point 6) there is zero acceleration and the more you move it right the more acceleration you get, the left ...less.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

you are wrong...very wrong.

in windows me u have accel not in server 2003 ...

why?

Dunno... I didn't write Windows 2003 Server ;)

But I can imagine that, since a Server version isn't supposed to be used as a Workstation,

they've left out some fancy stuff :rolleyes:

Maybe when you install the correct driver for your mouse (thus not using the generic MS one)

it comes with this neat feature (like the one from Logitech does)?

The problem is, the Pointer Acceleration options you mention are not a default Windows option, so if you've had them in the past they were not coming from the standard Microsoft PS/2 or USB mouse driver.