Specs if necessary:

AMD Athlon Phorus Quad-Core at 2.8 Ghz

ECS GF8200A Black Edition

nVidia GeForce 9500 GT PCIe

8 gb of Ram

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

2x 1 TB hard drives (Seagate)

-----

Just recently, I had to reinstall Windows 7 Ultimate on my system because of a HIVE issue. Everything works fine and dandy now, but now I've ran into an issue I have no way of fixing, which is why I've came here for humble advice.

Regardless of the mounting ISO program I use, whether it be UltraISO, MagicISO or anything else, my mounted ISO's cannot be read. At all. I can open them and read them with the ISO programs themselves (like winrar can open them, even ultraiso can view them), extract with winrar if I need be, but I just cannot mount them without Windows telling me the following error: Windows cannot access the disc. The disc might be corrupt." This is the same error, regardless of which ISO mounting program I use (yes, even daemon tools..).

I find it hard to believe that my ISO's are corrupted because they've been on the same hard drive for the past two months and I was using them before I had to reinstall windows. I can mount the very same ISO's on another PC I have, that is also using a 64 bit version of 7 Ultimate.

This is what I did to try to combat this issue:

-Uninstall the program(s) and then Reinstall

-Reinstall Windows

-Recreate the ISO's by extracting and reimaging them

-Uninstall the supposed virtual device from device manager if it appeared, reinstalled it

None of these options worked for me. What could be the cause of this? Why would it work at one point and then stop working all of a sudden on a clean install? Is there a fix for this or am I stuck with pseudo-corrupted iso's?

It is interesting that you had a "HIVE" issue which required reinstalling. Perhaps you are using some program that is screwing up the registry?

I know for a fact that the Slysoft app mounts iso files fine on a clean install of Win 7 x86 and x64, and as you said you can mount the files on another computer; hence there is something wrong with your computers configuration.

Maybe there is a problem loading the drivers these apps use? Open devmgmt.msc (Device Manager) expand Storage Controllers, verify that the device status is "This device is working properly."

It is interesting that you had a "HIVE" issue which required reinstalling. Perhaps you are using some program that is screwing up the registry?

I know for a fact that the Slysoft app mounts iso files fine on a clean install of Win 7 x86 and x64, and as you said you can mount the files on another computer; hence there is something wrong with your computers configuration.

Maybe there is a problem loading the drivers these apps use? Open devmgmt.msc (Device Manager) expand Storage Controllers, verify that the device status is "This device is working properly."

If there is something wrong with my configuration, it wouldn't make sense that all of a sudden everything refuses to work. Even with a clean install. Device manager states the device is working properly.

Have you tried to install SPTD drivers? They are used by many mounting apps.

To rule out any conflicting application, try to install Windows and only a mounting program like Alcohol, UltraISO, etc and see if the virtual drive works.

I use Alcohol 52% and always install SPTD in my unattended installations.

Have you tried to install SPTD drivers? They are used by many mounting apps.

To rule out any conflicting application, try to install Windows and only a mounting program like Alcohol, UltraISO, etc and see if the virtual drive works.

I use Alcohol 52% and always install SPTD in my unattended installations.

That's exactly what I did the second time around, I installed windows, and then installed my mounting program, UltraISO still not being able to read the virtual drive at all. SPTD is installed, as well.

Which drive letter are you trying to mount to? Perhaps there is a conflict with the drive letter assignment.

I always change my virtual drive letter to "V" for virtual with UltraISO.

I use a "portable" UltraISO (I installed it in VM and copied all files from Program Files folder to another location and it works without having to install. The virtual drive mounting also works without install. It just requires to be run as administrator. Are you running UltraISO as admin?

Which drive letter are you trying to mount to? Perhaps there is a conflict with the drive letter assignment.

I always change my virtual drive letter to "V" for virtual with UltraISO.

I use a "portable" UltraISO (I installed it in VM and copied all files from Program Files folder to another location and it works without having to install. The virtual drive mounting also works without install. It just requires to be run as administrator. Are you running UltraISO as admin?

It falls under G because the DVD drive I have (physical) is drive F.

I turn off UAC on purpose, and I've tried installing UltraISO by running as administrator, and then running UltraISO as administrator (using the right click method, of course) despite having UAC off. Still even this does not help it.

I turn off UAC on purpose, and I've tried installing UltraISO by running as administrator, and then running UltraISO as administrator (using the right click method, of course) despite having UAC off. Still even this does not help it.

Have you tried other application for mounting your images? Like Alcohol 52%, DVDFab Virtual Drive or Gizmo Drive?

I make a custom installer for UltraISO for using in unattended installations and it works great. However, I prefer Alcohol and I disable UltraISO drive.

Try making more than one virtual drive to see if all fail to read your images.

Have you tried other application for mounting your images? Like Alcohol 52%, DVDFab Virtual Drive or Gizmo Drive?

I make a custom installer for UltraISO for using in unattended installations and it works great. However, I prefer Alcohol and I disable UltraISO drive.

Try making more than one virtual drive to see if all fail to read your images.

They all fail. However, I figured it has something to do with UDF, however, I can't really be 100% on that. I'll tell you this, I put in a Quake4 disc of mine to try to install it, Windows won't read it either, though there is plenty of activity in the drive.

On this screenshot below, drive G is another DVD Drive I put into my system. I turned off all virtual drivers.

post-191073-126996879556_thumb.jpg

Edited by odbod