Intel 82801CAM ICH3-M Controller Hub drivers for textmode

ghaliloo

Hi,

I have an old Dell latitude C840, for witch the HDD is not detected when trying to install an original Windows XP SP 3 (the cursor stay pending on the black screen), the laptop integrate an Intel 845MP chipset witch have the 82801CAM ICH3-M Controller Hub, I wanna integrate this chipset's controller driver to load it in the textmode by nLite but I can't find the necessary files, is what I'm thinking about possible or not?, cause when I tried Windows Sweet 3 it does, but it very slow and some futures are absent, add to this I wanna make mine with programs and futures like I want, please can you help me?

Edited by ghaliloo

Edit: please wait

Thanks for your replay but, the problem is that isn't neither a S-ATA neither a RAID controller, I made a personalised XP with S-ATA/RAID textmode drivers, and it dosn't detecte the HDD!!! further more when trying to install XP Sweet 3 with S-ATA/RAID support it dosn't detecte the HDD, and when trying to do it without S-ATA/RAID support it detecte teh HDD!!!

Windows XP Sweet doesn't sound like an original XP to me, so no support for you

No I'm not searching for Sweet support, I said just what happens when I tried to install it, my problem is to make a personalised XP whitch can detecte my laptop's HDD

I have an old Dell latitude C840, for witch the HDD is not detected when trying to install an original Windows XP SP 3 (the cursor stay pending on the black screen)
Why do you think, that your hdd is not detected, if you just get the cursor pending on the black screen?

You certainly would need to load or integrate a textmode driver, if you would get a message, that XP Setup didn't detect any hard disk drive,.

the laptop integrate an Intel 845MP chipset witch have the 82801CAM ICH3-M Controller Hub, I wanna integrate this chipset's controller driver to load it in the textmode by nLite but I can't find the necessary files
There is no need to load (F6) or integrate any textmode driver unless your SATA Controller, where the hdd is connected, has been set to RAID (what I cannot believe). Windows XP SP3 Setup is able to detect any SATA hdd, except when the SATA Controller has been set to AHCI (is not supported by ICH3M chipsets) or RAID mode. In both cases you would not even be able to get any usual "Windows Sweet" version installed.

I have an old Dell latitude C840, for witch the HDD is not detected when trying to install an original Windows XP SP 3 (the cursor stay pending on the black screen)
Why do you think, that your hdd is not detected, if you just get the cursor pending on the black screen?

You certainly would need to load or integrate a textmode driver, if you would get a message, that XP Setup didn't detect any hard disk drive,.

the laptop integrate an Intel 845MP chipset witch have the 82801CAM ICH3-M Controller Hub, I wanna integrate this chipset's controller driver to load it in the textmode by nLite but I can't find the necessary files
There is no need to load (F6) or integrate any textmode driver unless your SATA Controller, where the hdd is connected, has been set to RAID (what I cannot believe). Windows XP SP3 Setup is able to detect any SATA hdd, except when the SATA Controller has been set to AHCI (is not supported by ICH3M chipsets) or RAID mode. In both cases you would not even be able to get any usual "Windows Sweet" version installed.

Thanks for your replay,

This is the problem, theoricaly I don't need to load any special driver in textmode to make the HDD detectable by XP Stup, but beleive me I tried with 6 varient of XP :

Original XP SP 2

Original XP SP 3

Ultimate edition

Media center 2005

and 2 others witch are mine

But only Sweet detecte the HDD,and unfortunately the BIOS Setup doesn't offer any option to switch between SATA/AHACI/IDE

So what I need is the 3 or 4 files (.inf, .cat and textsetup.oem) specific to this chipset's controller.

Thanks again

Edited by ghaliloo

So what I need is the 3 or 4 files (.inf, .cat and textsetup.oem) specific to this chipset's controller.
If you are really searching for Intel ICH3M textmode drivers for Windows XP, I wish you good luck. I didn't find them, not even at Intel's download pages.

I bet, that something else is responsable for your issue.

Regards

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1