Drivers for Intel 82801FB (ICH6)

njcarlos

I'm pretty new to this so bare with me. I'm trying to install XP onto a new system I just purchased. I was able to use the OEM reinstall CD to get XP MCE 05 installed, and here are the chipset specifics...

Intel P4 630 Prescott Socket 775 LGA 3GHZ

Chipset: Intel i925X Rev. B1

Southbridge: Intel 82801FB (ICH6)

My problem is I don't want MCE, and I have two other alternatives. I have an Dell OEM XP Home re-install from the previous system, and I have a Dell OEM XP Pro ISO. Both aren't able to recognize the HDD. I've searched vigorously to try and find the F6 drivers and the best I can do will be 82801FR (ICH6R). I'm going to just give it a shot right now while waiting for a response and slipstream them w/ nLite into the ISO of XP Pro. If it doesn't work, I'll try to slipstream them onto the Home installation, but honestly will they work? 82801FB is the base model from what I've found and I have no idea if they're backward compatible cause frankly I'm not a hardware aficionado.

Can anyone help me out? Either point me to a reliable source of getting the drivers or perhaps a better work around?

Here's the product page if it helps any... http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=27676

Thanks in advance.

Thank you! I will give this a shot. I still only see that when being discussed, they only refer to ICH6R and rarely ever make reference to the base model ICH6. I will however try the package and report back. Thanks!

Edit: if this *doesn't* work... is there a way to extract the drivers from the re-install disk that actually did work? I took a few seconds to quickly look through and wasn't able to find them, but if it's possible I will take time to dig deeper.

Edited by njcarlos

:(

No luck with the ICH6R driver pack provided in the tutorial.

Here is the error I received:

"File iaStor.sys caused an unexpected error (1024) at line 3540 in d:\xpsp\base\boot\setup\setup.c"

Wait around for somebody else's opinion (It's almost 3 AM here). If nothing works, you can always revert from SATA to IDE in BIOS. That way you will install with no problem.

From what I've seen I'm not able to do that. In SATA Operation the only options I have are SATA / AHCI , SATA / RAID, RAID, or "Combination"

I haven't tried. I could try flashing to the latest BIOS if it could potentially provide added functionality.

I just downloaded the RAID/SATA/AHCI drivers for 925x chipset off Intel's website named iata70_enu.exe. They contain data for ICH6R and ICH6M, so they should be the ones. This topic should be moved anyway, either to nLite or Frenando_1's Integration of Intel's SATA/AHCI/RAID Drivers, so I suggest you ask Frenando_1 take a look.

Edit: back to post #3... which are the drivers that worked? Where did you get them?

Edit: if you are using nLite, are you integrating the drivers in text mode (TXT)? Also, if you are using nLite, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini

Edited by Sp0iLedBrAt

I just downloaded the RAID/SATA/AHCI drivers for 925x chipset off Intel's website named iata70_enu.exe. They contain data for ICH6R and ICH6M, so they should be the ones. This topic should be moved anyway, either to nLite or Frenando_1's Integration of Intel's SATA/AHCI/RAID Drivers, so I suggest you ask Frenando_1 take a look.

Edit: back to post #3... which are the drivers that worked? Where did you get them?

Edit: if you are using nLite, are you integrating the drivers in text mode (TXT)? Also, if you are using nLite, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini

Thanks Sp0iLedBrAt. I also grabbed the iata70_enu.exe driver set from Intel's site, and they appear to be the same as Frenando_1's pack. I was able to finally get it working and I believe the problem was nLite's burning process. I instead decided to create an image and use ImgBurn, and this seems to have corrected the problem. Could be some sort of compatibility issue with nLite and my burner, who knows. However, it would appear that indeed, the ICH6R drivers did work for ICH6 base and should be recommended.

Thanks for all the help! Finally feel relief, this was a pain.