How to burn MP3 cd-rs with Vista?

HardDriv'n

Hi there. Pretty much what the thread title says...

Is there a way to burn MP3 cds in Vista? With XP, all I had to do was send them to the disc drive queue, and then burn it.

When I do that with Vista, the MP3 aren't recognized, and all I get is a single track showing with no sound.

I understand it might have something to with the disc format... ISO9660, Joliet, Rockridge, etc...

If so, does anyone know how to create an MP3 cd image compatible with cd players through Vista.

Edited by HardDriv'n

Make sure you are choosing "Burn data disk".

The only similar option is 'Burn files to disc: using Windows', and it achieved the same results. I'm going to try out an app like IMGBurn, and post back the results.

OR could someone recommend me a good 'free' app that has worked for them?

This is on a Vista 32bit Home Premiun.

Edited by HardDriv'n

Got it to work with the latest version of IMGBurn. It has the ability to create IS9660 + UDF disc formats. The MP3 cd-rs are working great in my vehicle, and home, stereo systems now.

Thanks for the links though.

Edited by HardDriv'n

Hi well i got tired of the 700 meg nero program and all other huge programs to burn a cd or dvd. I went to free starburn it never runs a error its 15 meg in size and its Free very nice program.

"normal cd players"

This is a fairly relative statement, many "normal" CD players can handle many types of containers, not just raw samples.

and no such animal = "converting to cda", that file is just how Windows indexes audio tracks on a CD (pretty much just shortcuts).

Hi yes a mp3 is a compressed audio track you would have to expand or decode it to make it play on a normal cd player ie a player that only plays cd audio. Normal cd player to us old folks just plays cd audio not wma or mp3.Which is what he seems to have or he would just write a data mp3 disc. And once that is done those files would have a .cda extension which is why I referred to it as cda, since he is using a pc to expand them if he looked at the files he would see .cda.Once expanded or decoded they will play in any cd player.

Semantics...

CDA is the "pointer" (if you will) to a WAV file playable in a "normal player". Many CD-burning programs will convert MP3 (and other formats) to WAV when the correct options are set (in addition to creating an AUDIO cd, not DATA cd). Just check in "bloated" burner software (e.g. Nero) in the "view tracks" - there's a WAV track for each CDA "pointer".

Hi again yes ty for the info i find it still weird when you open a audio cd on the pc and you see .cda for each track but they are very small and cant be the song. Great site I have learned many things.ty