(once again): How to include .NET 3.5 in nLite?

DadCat

If

PROCESSDNF11=NO

PROCESSDNF20=NO

PROCESSDNF3520=NO

, then it should be OK

Okay, so the INI as attached, and the following update files in the work folder still fails (same error as above):

dotnetfx35.exe

NDP30SP2-KB958483-x86.exe

NDP35SP1-KB958484-x86.exe

NDP30SP2-KB976570-x86.exe

NDP35SP1-KB963707-x86.exe

What would be the update files to include to use your INI from #2 above?

Thanks,

Alan._SNMsynth.ini

All your guesses from post #13 are correct. I took a look at the attachment and it seems fine. Now, here's a screenshot how I prepare an add-on for .NET 2.0 SP2.

So, just stack everything in one folder, setup _SNMsynth.ini and double-click _SNMsynth.cmd. That should be all. No need to run it through Command Prompt. Also, check again if all the file names of the updates are the original ones.

I just realized I have upx.exe (for compression), and you don't. I don't remember if it was included in the latter versions of the Silent .NET Maker, I had to download it by myself.

All your guesses from post #13 are correct. I took a look at the attachment and it seems fine. Now, here's a screenshot how I prepare an add-on for .NET 2.0 SP2.

So, just stack everything in one folder, setup _SNMsynth.ini and double-click _SNMsynth.cmd. That should be all. No need to run it through Command Prompt. Also, check again if all the file names of the updates are the original ones.

I just realized I have upx.exe (for compression), and you don't. I don't remember if it was included in the latter versions of the Silent .NET Maker, I had to download it by myself.

Hi,

I downloaded upx.exe (UPX 3.04 Windows version), and re-ran the cmd file, but nothing happens still.

I note that your first ten files are WinRAR archives, whereas mine are 7-zip archives (7z extension). Is that just the way you have your PC setup, or could it be something that I need to change?

Thanks,

Alan.

I downloaded upx.exe (UPX 3.04 Windows version), and re-ran the cmd file, but nothing happens still.

I note that your first ten files are WinRAR archives, whereas mine are 7-zip archives (7z extension). Is that just the way you have your PC setup, or could it be something that I need to change?

I have the exact UPX version. As for the archives, I have WinRAR trial and 7-Zip at the moment, but it's set to WinRAR, so that's in no way a problem. At this point (nothing working after anything, which is really strange) I would suggest you post your problem to the Silent .NET Maker topic http://www.msfn.org/...8-w2kxp2k3-x86/ Feel free to post the link to this topic and let's hope they will notice what I'm missing.

Congrats on your perseverance.

I have the exact UPX version. As for the archives, I have WinRAR trial and 7-Zip at the moment, but it's set to WinRAR, so that's in no way a problem. At this point (nothing working after anything, which is really strange) I would suggest you post your problem to the Silent .NET Maker topic http://www.msfn.org/...8-w2kxp2k3-x86/ Feel free to post the link to this topic and let's hope they will notice what I'm missing.

Congrats on your perseverance.

Okay - thanks for sticking with me!

For anyone following along in the future, my first post over 'there' is here.

Alan.

Edited by Alan3285

• 6 months later...

Hi, Sorry for re opening this thread.

Made a successful new install a few days back.

However after visiting update i still had a long way to go namely because of .Net

So i decided have a go at integrating .Net well....

I followed this thread and used SNMsynth.

It made 4 nice .exe's 11,20.30 and 35 (all good so far).

I started up nlite and started again the process of new install files which is XP Pro sp1a qem self build.

Pointed it to sp3 and hot fixes as time before and included the new .exe's (x4 .net).

Set up un-attended install. Proceeded to make iso, and of went nlite to make new iso.

Everything went fine with sp3 and hotfixes,

But not with .net part.

A splash screen came up to install .net immediately followed by a splash screen error of -q not correct parameter ( i am not sure of the correct terminology used but it was something like it). This happened a further 3 times.

Nlite carried on and made the iso.

I used the iso and installed it only to find no .net installed, i was not surprised though. It was confirmed by .net verifier.

So it leads to the question what did i not do or what have i done wrong.

The 4 .exe's work as stand alone installers so all time was not wasted.

By the way my SNMsynth did not have upx.exe either i did download it and re run SNMsynth but it did not pack the 4 to 1 if that what its supposed to do.

I did not change anything in SNMsynth either, i just used from its default.

Attached are some logs.

Any help in integrating .net would be very helpful.

Thanks

LAST SESSION.INI

PROCESSDATA.TXT

process.txt

setupverifier_main_10-24-10_21.38.16.txt