Chage "System Properties > General"

Signore

Hello.

How I can change "System Properties" ( right click on My Computer and select Properties ), General tab content? ( on install windows, no change after install by user )

For example change Logo and add "Support Information" button and other ...

Please explain answer. I'm moderately. :angel

Thanks ... :hello:

Signore, using nLite and enabling OEM Information in the Options Task will product the form of the General tab in my attached screen shot. The nLite logo is in file oemlogo.bmp (OEMLOGO.BM_) and the text information is in oeminfo.ini (OEMINFO.IN_). These files are in my AMD64 folder and I assume in the I386 folder for XP. I have no idea how to prevent the user from changing these files. Have fun, John.

Signore, using nLite and enabling OEM Information in the Options Task will product the form of the General tab in my attached screen shot. The nLite logo is in file oemlogo.bmp (OEMLOGO.BM_) and the text information is in oeminfo.ini (OEMINFO.IN_). These files are in my AMD64 folder and I assume in the I386 folder for XP. I have no idea how to prevent the user from changing these files. Have fun, John.

Thanks John!!

Signore, you are welcome. I do not know what file type is acceptable. Google may help, or give it a try and see what you learn. I hope you are using a virtual system for testing - VMware Server, VirtualPC and VirtualBox are free. Enjoy, John.

EDIT: In your CD there is a folder called SUPPORT, it contains a folder called TOOLS. In the TOOLS folder is file DEPLOY.CAB. If you will extract this file, two .chm files will come out with the other files. Deploy.chm and ref.chm are very helpful to answer the types of questions you have. For example see below.

You can use any file name for the Windows Welcome logo file. In contrast, the image file used for the System Properties dialog box must be named Oemlogo.bmp.

Edited by johnhc