Nero 9.0 does not wait in WPI until finished installation

crunch81

Good day people,

I've found the right switch to silently install Nero 9.0 in other threads...That is:

setupx.exe /i /qb SERIALNUMBER="XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX" EULAACCEPTED="1"

BUT.....When I put this command in WPI. It will not wait until the installation is finished and then will stopped. It just goes on to the next command.

I don't want to use a "SLEEP" command because sometimes it is taking longer then normal for some reason.

Does somebody knows what to do toe resolve this F*****up Issue?

If I have to make a guess: I need to have the Installation files after "extraction" of the program and make it into an MSI package, is that correct? will this resolve the issue of breaking off the installation?

Thanks for the reply.

Edited by crunch81

well as you assumed the problem is in the extraction

you need to run the setup go to the temp

get the extracted files make an exe with switch in winrar or 7-zip

add it to WPI and that should have the roblem fixed

I can not find the files in the temp folder after extraction. There must be more people with the same issue.

There are a few topics about Nero 9, but they all had nothing to do with WPI.

Is there somebody with the same problem who solved this?

Nero9 can just be extracted with an archive manager last I checked...

Can You give me some details how to manage that? What do I have to do to make it work?

Hi there. im new to forums but I use nero 9 lite on wpi for a while now.

I can say that even though i don't use a silent install (at the moment but thanks anyway for your info!!) Nero 9 will also want to install up to 4 additional components. my suggestion is to install these first by putting the other stuff first before nero within your installation commands. (after finding switches for them (assuming you have extracted /decompressed / %temp% foldered them and then run the setupx.exe with silent switch you have. I wouldn't try using the other setup files as on my working pc (win 7 x 64 (too embarrassed about the rest!!)) as this will tell you cannot execute except from main setupx file. fyi

either that, or run two WPI install routines. one for default items, and one for Nero alone.. I know bit of a time waste but this issues has caused me few problems in the past!

if i have any joy i will let you know!

Edited by scottsmythe1

You can try what I did:

Download nircmd.zip and extract it in Windows/System32 folder (it must be in the PATH).

In WPI use

nircmd waitprocess SetupX.exe

in next line after you call StartX for Nero.

Nircmd waits until SetupX finish and exit, then continue with the rest of the commands in WPI.

Here is my example:

cmd1[pn]=['"%WPIPATH%\\Install\\Nero9\\Nero9.exe"'];
cmd2[pn]=['"%systemdrive%\\Nero9\\SetupX.exe" /q EULAACCEPTED="1"'];
cmd3[pn]=['nircmd waitprocess SetupX.exe'];
cmd4[pn]=['cmdhide "%WPIPATH%\\Install\\Nero9\\Nero9_Links.cmd"'];
cmd5[pn]=['cmdhide "%WPIPATH%\\Install\\Nero9\\Nero9_Clean.cmd"'];

Good luck!

You can try what I did:

Download nircmd.zip and extract it in Windows/System32 folder (it must be in the PATH).

In WPI use

Nircmd waits until SetupX finish and exit, then continue with the rest of the commands in WPI.

Here is my example:

Good luck!

Thanks you very much

I anwser this question too long with no response:

Thanks

You can try what I did:

In WPI use

Here is my example:

Good luck!

What command should I put at number 1 in WPI to copy/extract these files or Nircmd to Windows/system32?

I tried this but in WPI it says failed. I can't copy it first in windows/system32 because I am making an unattended OS disk.

Or should I let Wpi extract it first in windows/system32 and then execute the command of Nero??

Thanks for the reply.

Edited by crunch81

7zip, right click, extract to...

Does Wpi have a Start /wait option for Nero? I want to use the Nircmd what Jasonkiller said but it only work when nircmd is extracted in Windows/System32. (btw.: It is working just GREAT when you stick to the "extract to windows/system32")

Edited by crunch81

7zip, right click, extract to...

Does Wpi have a Start /wait option for Nero? I want to use the Nircmd what Jasonkiller said but it only work when nircmd is extracted in Windows/System32. (btw.: It is working just GREAT when you stick to the "extract to windows/system32")

OK, for Unattended disk you should have $OEM$\$$\System32\ folder on root of your CD disk. Anything you put into that folder get copied into Windows\System32 during the installation. So you can put nircmd.exe in $OEM$\$$\System32\ and it will be in the right place when you need it.

Second posibility is that you make self-extracting archive wich contains nircmd.exe. This way you can call that .EXE in WPI before NERO commands, get nircmd.exe extracted in Windows\System32 and the rest is the same as before.

I hope I make it more clear this time.