Question on interest of windows 7

Gilou

Hello there,

I have been trying 7 for a few days now (before I was on XP) and as planned it is always annoying to have small things different. But 7 is more secured than XP. Security is the only reason why I tried 7

But in the end, is it worth it? Considering that the most "dangerous" website I go to is gamecopyworld, that I have a good firewall/antivirus/antispyware and that I keep XP up to date, would you still advise me to use windows 7? Would the difference of security provided likely to have an impact on me?

Thanks

Gilou

If security is your only reason to evaluate Win7, and you already have secure computing practices, then you don't "need" to use Windows 7. The things Win7 brings (it is more secure) would be proper CPU scaling support, better memory management, integrated OS search, etc - it's a more "complete" integration of the OS. XP is fine if it works for someone, although it no longer gets bug fixes and it won't get new applications (like IE9). You'll ultimately have to be the one making the choice of which OS to use for you, though.