Help needed with graphics card

hawkecho125

the OP went out the window, someone found a driver issue and then someone else suggested PSU.

OP=Original Poster, you in this case. I hope the jump/fall from the window wasn't from a big height ;).

Let me read the complete topic again, brb-

EDIT: Did you try that card in another PC? Looks more like a defective video card. If the card crashes it will point back to the driver, and windows will recover the hardware fault, continuing to work if possible after that crash. It could be indeed that the card isn't getting enough power from the mobo but I wouldn't blame the mobo for it; Why the heck didn't they place a power-connector on the videocard any way...

Thats all nice but as I said before it runs off the motherboard.

On a 9800GT you most definitely should have additional power plugged into the card. The PCI Express bus doesn't provide enough power for a 9800GT to operate at full. This is likely why you're seeing more issues with Windows 7 since the Aero GUI uses the video card more than the Windows XP GUI does.

Look closely at the card and you should see a 6-pin power connector.

EDIT: I just noticed he mentioned it's a "Green" edition. I'm looking for images of this card to verify my suggestion...

EDIT 2: I stand corrected. The "Green" edition doesn't have the extra power input. At this point it's really hard to know without providing a dump as nitropuppy suggested.

Edited by nmX.Memnoch