How to solve Error 1009 DETSEC 00006008 FIX

Jaclaz I did follow the instructions. When not removing the PCB board off the HDD and trying to run the process at F3 T> m0,2,2,,,,22, I get the LED:000000CE FAddr:00280569 error. That's why I had tried the other option, but no success at the spin up process. I will re-check the contacts and clean them again. I'll let you know. Tks.

You see ;), by applying torture :w00t::ph34r: I managed to have you report what happened before , THAT error is often caused by a timing problem, see:

Just for the record, in some cases changing level from which the Z command is issued solves the matter:

Hopefully by re-checking and cleaning contacts you will be able to overcome this issue ;).

jaclaz

Hi Jaclaz! I'm back. I had to stop it for a while and cool my head. I'm back but unfortunately I could not get my drive back again. I even performed a new clean up again on contacts. I really don't know what's causing those errors. Pls see the new run a I did. This was done w/o removing the pcb board off the drive and w/o putting any cardboad on contacts.

Waited the motor stops after turning it on

F3 T>m0,2,2,,,,,22

LED:000000CC FAddr:0025BF67

LED:000000CC FAddr:0025BF67

Got the "LED" error

Started again and waited the motor stops.

F3 T>/2

F3 2>Z

Spin Down Complete

Elapsed Time 0.143 msecs

F3 2>U

Error 1009 DETSEC 00006008

Spin Error

Elapsed Time 27.243 secs

R/W Status 2 R/W Error 84150180

F3 2>/T

F3 T>m0,2,2,,,,,22

Error 1008 DETSEC 0000500E Process Defect List Error

R/W Sense 00000002, R/W Error 841C0087, List Offset 00000000, File Error 00000001

I can hear the motor spinning and I also can feel it when holding the drive. There's no strange sound, click or whatever. Does anybody know from Seagate what these could be?

By the way, the wires that connect to the drive and adapter must be short or it does not matter at all?

Tks/Ivan

I can hear the motor spinning and I also can feel it when holding the drive. There's no strange sound, click or whatever.

Sure, that may mean that the motor contacts are OK, but the head ones are not.

The disk is probably trying to tell you that it cannot sense that the disk has been spinned up (basically to make sure the disk is spinning *something* is sent back to the PCB, in your case, since the drive is spinning, it means that this *something* doesn't reach the PCB - for *whatever reasons*).

But it is as well possible that pre-amp or heads are "gone" :ph34r: .

It is not that by issuing "random" commands you can get out of it.

The exact sequence is given, DO NOT do foolish things such as issuing a F3 T>m0,2,2,,,,,22 on a drive that is NOT spinning! :w00t:

There are a few variations on the way to issue the "right" commands, try (after having re-checked contacts, BOTH motor and head) to start the disk, then do:

At the F3 T> prompt type:

/2

and press [ENTER], now at the F3 2> prompt only type:

Z

and DO NOT press [ENTER]

wait a bit, you should have nonetheless the:

Spin Down Complete

Elapsed Time x.xxx msecs

message.

(remove the cardboard if any)

Now press backspace and on the same F3 2> prompt press the:

U

key (again without sending [ENTER])

What happens? :unsure:

You may want to try putting a piece of cardboard over the PCB and press over the contacts (both head and motor) with your fingers while issuing the U command.

Here is another (rather clear) source confirming that the issue is often with contacts:

http://www.overclock.net/t/457286/seagate-bricked-firmware-drive-fix-with-pics/40#post_7803284

By the way, the wires that connect to the drive and adapter must be short or it does not matter at all?

Well, whenever you transmit data, the shorter the cable is, the better, but in your case this is not the issue, as all commands "go through" and feedback is received OK.

jaclaz

• 5 months later...

Thank you for the information!

I also had the "Error 1009 DETSEC 0000600". A quick fix for me was to simply place a piece of cardboard on top of the PCB (to shield from any electrical discharge) near where the head contacts are and apply some gentle pressure with my finger then try the spin up command again. That allowed me to restore the drive, though the clean may help prevent any further problems.

I've had the same problems here, even with all the screws on(!) , and idd. with a little (extra) pressure the error disappeared.

• 1 year later...

Could someone comment on how this relates to the "11 clicks & dead" ST31500341AS issue. I've read that:

For me either the heads or the pre-amp are damaged and the only solution to get the data back is to do a head stack replacement using a hepa 100 aseptic/clean room.

Is the solution.

Thanks, if you can.

Edited by drBrown

• 4 months later...