Are there multiple types of install disks?

It's been about 6+ years since I built unattended XP images, and I'm running into a problem I vaguely remember dealing with back then.

Where I work now, we are using Volume Licenses and a ISO image provided by MS.

6 years ago, I worked for the Air Force and I'm not sure where exactly the image I used back then came from.

But the problem is this:

When I build an Sysprep file and then run sysprep, during setup, it ignores most of the stuff I put in there.

One sign of what I think is due to differences in the install ISOs is that some installers force you to create a user during the mini-setup, and others don't. I seem to remember running into that back then, and I can't remember how I got around it. I just know that I had a completely silent sysprep image that I deployed using Ghost, and I didn't use any 3rd party tools to build or prep the image.

So do I need a different install ISO?

Am I doing something wrong?

I've tried googleing some of this, but it's like finding a needle in a haystack for me. :(

I've looked through the unattended guide, but it's geared toward building a install CD, I want to build a sysprep'ed Ghost image.

Thank you in advance.

When I build an Sysprep file and then run sysprep, during setup, it ignores most of the stuff I put in there.

If you're talking about Default user profile customization - sysprep will copy over Built-in Administrator profile hive. I usually don't want that, so i backup Default User hive (contains my config) and restore it afterwards..

Or were you talking about unattended customization?

did you edited Sysprep.inf file correctly?